OCR02062 - Super Mario Bros. "The Life and Death of the Mario Brothers"

That's some fucked up sound coming through my headphones, there. It's actually sounds pretty dramatic, considering it's the Mario theme, lol.

It's just... sweet, as always. AnSo and the Mario theme - how could you go wrong? It's got a tasty sound all the way through (with constant mixture, to mix the theme up in a fresh way throughout).

Love it. Keep making music, bro!

Wow I must say when I first heard that main melodic tune in this strange synth I was incredibly offended. I can't really think of any other way to describe it. It is strange but really captivating. I think this works, but on a level I'd normally not consider? Don't know if I'm making any sense, but I do think this is a really cool, one-of-a-kind mix that deserves a listen by any Mario / AnSo fan. xD

I couldn't help but initially sort of blink at my screen...I was rather confused - until the beat dropped. This is a damn good track - totally not like any other 1-1...anything I've ever heard. The thing is, I've no way to actually describe it, so I'll just give it thumbs up and tell you to listen to it yourself.

I love this remix anosou. I keep hitting play when it finishes. The synths in this are incredible. I haven't heard anything like them before. Especially the synth that sounds like it has a vocal quality to that.

The other thing I really like is that patch with the bells playing that melody sequence toward the beginning. It sounds really sweet.

The B3ish sounding organ mixed with the lead synth is a beautiful combination! The couple places where you mix more than one sound for the melody is just awesome.

I actually would have liked to have seen a little less sound effects from the game. Sometimes it feels a little distracting from the music. It isn't that big of a deal for me though since everything else is so much more awesome.

And the drums, very groovy. It wasn't the beat that I was expecting from a mario brothers mix.

The fact that I have hit repeat like 10 times now on this remix should tell you how much I like this remix. There are so many things going on in this remix and my ears thank you for it. Thank you for submitting such an incredible track!

Mattias, you've simultaneously captured the nostalgia factor of the original song whilst transforming it into your wacky chipomatic signature swede format. I absolutely love your interplay between major and minor chord variations throughout the song. It sounds almost bipolar, and is incredibly entertaining. I don't need to say anythign about your instrumentation or production value: as always, it's through the roof and very clean. You almost got a reggae vibe in particular places with that damn organ and beat you have going on. I can't pin down a style, but why should that be something I need to do anyways? Great song, and great ending.

Hope you got some extra lives hanging around.

This really reminds me of the Kaliedoscope (sp?) OST, similar sounds and feel to it, that sort of light-hearted playfulness that permeates that soundtrack. Yes, yes, I know it's the same guy, but it's just weird since AnSo's tracks are usually a fairly diverse lot.

What's with five seconds of silence at the end!?? Bahs, minor quip.

Yeah... What's with the need for samples? Granted, you work them in nicely, ie. the pipe sound effect, the coin hits, and even the death sound at the end. It's all very well executed from a technical, and even creative standpoint. But.... With how well done the rest of the track is, the samples seem to cheapen the mix as a whole for me. The nostalgia factor is high enough with this being such a well referenced song, something that exists in our collective gamer concience. Did you really have to toss in the samples?

With such a fun, breezy overhaul of the theme I would have expected that if anything, there would be an update to the jumping sounds, coin hits, etc. They wouldn't have stood out so much, to the point where they almost distract from an otherwise excellent take on a very worn, tired theme.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02062 - Super Mario Bros. "The Life and Death of the Mario Brothers"