OCR02069 - Castlevania "Castlemania 2010"

djpretzel

The intro was pretty cool but at the same time I was put off by it as I thought the buildup was gonna lead into a breakbeat style track. Not a huge biggie but I don't really think it clicked that well. After that buildup, the track is definitely quirky and I'm lovin it. I love how you added Kirby in there, it was blended so fuckin smoothly in there I almost didn't notice till I was like that sounds very familiar. This is definitely my favorite track from you though chthonic, good stuff sirrrr.

I'm liking this a lot - the DeDeDe theme really works well here, and I'm glad you made the connection. The only issue for me is the transition into 6/8 - it never sat well with me, and I can't really figure out why, I just don't like it very much. Regardless, this is still an excellent mix, and I totally agree about the Virtual Console thing. Keep up the great work!

I was pretty hard on judging this, because I know what cthonic is capable of on a macro scale, but this is still a pretty awesome track. Great arrangement ideas with a lot of little mini-cameos of the themes, and a wide soundscape make this a pretty enjoyable 4 minutes. :-)

thanks andrew :)

but more importantly thanks for the criticism; it's more useful and in a way more motivating than just praise

Now this is a fun mix worth checking out.

*mostly the CV tribute's have been rock or symphony

This is a bit of a rarity, but defintely a fun tune.

*opening reminded me of some horror movie =D

**breakdowns are great too, who knew a cv mix could have a sound like this?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the intro owns; the phrase "Murder on the dancefloor" came to my mind when I listened to this remix for the first time.

Very nice arrangement. As anything chiptune(-y) by chthonic, it's just fun to listen to and to pick out all the elements that create the awesome soundscape.

The transition to 6/8 bothers me a little, but that's a rather minor complaint.

• 1 year later...

For some reason it never occurs to me to start mixes off with the beat in full swing, but whenever I listen to someone else's mix that does it I instantly keep it playing. Maybe I should try that myself. Anyway, I love the groove, the melodies, and the overall style of this track. It's sitting right underneath "Too Soon" from Ben Briggs' Attention Deficit EP and I think it's a great follow-on track to that. The transition to 6/8 I really enjoyed, I think it's really smooth and a nice change to finish. I actually changed to 6/8 for the final 2 bars in my Machinarium remix after listening to this quite a few times, so it's definitely been an influence.

My only gripe is that the filter seems to come up a little too quickly after it's swept down, but that's so small I feel a little bad for saying it, but there you go. SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT FOR NEXT TIME OK? Cheers :)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02069 - Castlevania "Castlemania 2010"