OCR02070 - Mega Man 2 "Dokuta Wairi, Rival to the Light"

djpretzel

And for those making comparisons to my remix, let's try and not do that; this is about his remix here, not mine.

But mine IS better. :350:

Each person wins the METAL CONTEST in their own way, best not to have it be a competition. It's about the music, not always trying to one-up someone else or whatever the phrase is.

you all know i win

Somehow I totally overlooked this for the last couple of days :o mea culpa.

What I like about mixes like these: picking a great source challenges you immensely to improve it - and this is what Sixto delivers every time.

Also I like the X Japan style going on in there.

Great listening to it. Thanks for sharing this.

Edited by luhny

I've had the original from the October 2008 DoD on my comp since... well, October 2008. It was pretty damn epic. And after listening to the DoD version and then this version last night, I have to say one thing.

somehow, you made it even more epic, Vito. Way to go.

I THINK DON J PRETZEL IS PLEASED, VITO MEDREONE!! YA HEAR DAT? DA BOSS IS PLEASED!

:P

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely hearing the Okkusenman influence Sixto mentioned in his submission email. Also, I agree with what previous posters said about the drums; they definitely have some X Japan in them.

And of course, there are the sweet-ass solos that are Sixto's trademark, e.g at around 2:20 and 3:20 onwards.

Awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

2:12 till about 2:40 was soooooooo X Japan lol and the drums of course. Anyways awesome remix from Sixto as usual, even though I'm totally biased towards him since Obsession Nocturnal was my first OCR listen and SD3 probably my favorite game of all time so yeah, +1 for a remix influenced by X Japan also one of my favorites.

I heard this a long time ago on Dwellings of duels site and was amazed then.

And i'm still amazed now well done for rocking up wily's castle.

If megaman had just went up to wily's castle with this song playing he wouldn't of had to even defeat wily as the walls would of come down from the intenseness of rawk.

Well done sixto :D

• 1 year later...

Sixto, man, you're going to give me a musical heart attack one of these days. And it will be worth it. First off, holy hell, those drums! Okay, now that we got that out of the way, I have to say that this ReMix is flat out fantastic. I heard the X Japan influence in this one and it just got me grinning from ear to ear. The soloing, the guitar itself, the arrangement, all of it, just badass. Even the breakdown rocked hard. Dr. Wily's stage 1 from MM 2 just never gets old, especially with ReMixes like this. Hell, I see this as one of the best on the site that I've heard so far.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02070 - Mega Man 2 "Dokuta Wairi, Rival to the Light"