OCR02196 - *YES* Pokémon Sapphire Version 'My Friend Mudkip'

OceansAndrew

Ah, the platonic(??) love between a boy and his mudkip is truly something wonderful.

It's a pretty standard halc sound, which is good and nice, and the 2 sources are very pleasant and nice, but I want moar! Besides the inherent pleasantness, it doesn't feel like you are really trying to expand, and maybe if you don't, that's cool, but mixing it up a little and trying new things is fun! I know the halc fans and also his mom will love this song and listen to it a million times, but I feel you've reached a level now where you should try to make a track that really stands out from your other work.

Maybe do an arrangement and see what it sounds like if you can get some musicians to play the entire thing live? Maybe something with all high-fi samples (blasphemy, i know :P).

I want halc 2.0!

Otherwise, good arrangement, and halc production. Good use of sources, and I like your haircut.

Yes

Pretty typical halc arrangement. Interesting mixing choices though, the snare sounds kind of stereo and isolated, and holding on the super-filtered ending was amusing. It's great when artists can do unusual things that aren't at the expense of sounding good. The song is not that different melodically from the originals, but more shuffle-y and has its own style. I like.

YES