OCR02081 - Super Mario World "Super Mario Western Show"

djpretzel

Indeed. I have to admit I was completely fooled by Hyadain's Peach impression when I first heard this...even with pitch-shifting, it's no small feat to emulate the inflection of the female voice if you weren't born with it.

On the other hand, several Japanese female singers sing in a voice that I find disturbingly maleish. That said, it doesn't sound to me like there's only one person singing in this song, so yeah, I agree, it's impressive. Can't help but think of Yoshikazu Mela, on this subject.

Edited by Dafydd

Find me a rejected mix with better production than this.

"Collision" by Darangen from Voices of the Lifestream. It was rejected for being too close to some mainstream song (would have to dig up the thread.) Basically a stellar track that is very obviously ff7 and incredibly well produced got rejected because it shared a name and similarities to something else.

Although to be honest, your challenge is pretty tough since this is quite well produced. I'd have to go digging but I know that lots of well made tracks get rejected for having poor arrangement.

"Collision" by Darangen from Voices of the Lifestream. It was rejected for being too close to some mainstream song (would have to dig up the thread.) Basically a stellar track that is very obviously ff7 and incredibly well produced got rejected because it shared a name and similarities to something else.

No, that's not a good example. Production quality has nothing to do with whether something's a standards violation. "Collision" wasn't rejected on just "a name and similarities to something else." That would be like rejecting a mix for tributing/emulating someone else's style. The mix name also wouldn't matter. "Collision" used substantial portions of a non-VGM song, which we don't allow any more.

LOL, should we have Hyadain's FF4 Battle with Four Fiends remix as well here in OCRemix? :)!!

Yes! I agree completely! I've had this song (and plenty of Hyadain's stuff) on my MP3 for a long time, and I never thought it would end up on OCR. Overall, it's a good, fun, slightly crazy song that doesn't fail to put a smile on my face. And the fact that he made that Peach voice is impressive enough for me. :-D

No, that's not a good example. Production quality has nothing to do with whether something's a standards violation. "Collision" wasn't rejected on just "a name and similarities to something else." That would be like rejecting a mix for tributing/emulating someone else's style. The mix name also wouldn't matter. "Collision" used substantial portions of a non-VGM song, which we don't allow any more.

My bad, my bad. My point was that there are tracks that have great production that get rejected with higher production than this one, based on other circumstances. Probably should have done more than 30 seconds of head scratching before trying to make my point.

Anyways, OT: I don't actually like this track other than the Luigi section, which uses some awesome vocalization. The main thing this track has going for it is being amazingly catchy, in addition to having a hilarious flash video associated with it (or several depending on how much of a purist you are.)

I'm still bummed that Roller Disco from DKC2 got NO'd. You guys really dropped the ball on that one. :-P

I'm familiar with this song, it's pretty great. Never expected to see it on OCR.

Seeing this remix here actually prompted me to search for some more of Hyadain's works and discovered

of my favourite theme from FF5. I don't understand the words but otherwise it's great :-)

Nice to see this remix make it onto OCR. The style of SMW's music lends itself pretty well to this kind of arrangement, and Hyadain makes the absolute best of it.

While I love the vocals and the lyrics (especially the spoken parts are hilarious; I love the way Mario and Bowser/Koopa treat each other in this song), I'd like to hear an arrangement without them, simply to enjoy the music more.

Awesome stuff.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Funiest OCR

Great remix guys (and girl !)

Sorry to burst your bubble there mate.

All the voices are from one person.

Speaking of, I wish Hyadain would grace us with more of his mixes.

I'd love MP3s of the Flight of the Silbird, My First Friend, The Answer, the ENTIRE Dragon Quest IV collection.<3

• 1 year later...

Man I love Hyadain. Yeah, I guess the arrangement isn't the most ground-breaking or interpretive thing on the site, but IMO that doesn't matter here because the song sounds good, and it doesn't sound like a midi-rip of the source which is good for me. : D

I love pretty much all of Hyadain's work. He never fails to put a smile on my face :) Hopefully he will send more stuff to OCR!

Maybe someone should remix one of his video game works for the site. That would be nice.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02081 - Super Mario World "Super Mario Western Show"
  • 1 year later...