..ice cap

halc

Hmm... It's alright, so far.

It doesn't seem nearly as adventurous as your usual fair, though. The triplet section is neat, and the SFX are cool, but I'm waiting for something SWEET and AWESOME to come from you. It's not finished, so you can still get some awesome stuff out of this.

It's alright, but bland. You have the power to make it tasty. Tasty, tasty musics.

Disclaimer: Reviews were fun sober, so I'm trying it teh other way...

I AM bored with this... pshhaw... take et avay...

I'll be honest, it's nice to read 'ice cap' and go -I know that source- is kinda comforting...

Now. onto... de sause.

-Length- DUH, only a minute or so long.

Anyways, this needs some intro, something to build to that uber-bass thaht joo got coming in. You can't just hit people with that, you gotta line up the shot. Espand meh an intro for that. I love that high muted piano thing. Work with that.

The SFX (ring gather sound) , work them into the intro as well. They're sort of, meh now. Have to listen for them specifically. Make em shine!

I love the drive, but any sort of drum track you got going is weaksause at best. I wanna hear me some beat *SMACK* snare that I'm just not getting from this. Could be a preference from this being chip-ish, but it's what I want and since this post is all about me... and it is. I want that smack.

The lead you've chosen could really benefit from some background noise. I mean. Sounds good. But on it's own it kinda stands out. Since you've got a good echo-ish-ness on it it doesn't seem so stand out. But could use some harmony and stuff to really makes it shine. That piano-lead thing at the beginning is a nice example of the complexity that I want to hear later on.

The lead what takes over from that thing I said there ^ Is nice, but I still want to hear the same feel of 'more going on' later on. And that spot is uh... 1:10. Not nuff, boss, just not nuff.

There ja go, highly opinionated and controversial critisisisimses, hope it helps ja.

-H

ARGH!

ICE CAP ZONE!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ok, so on the review in white, good production values, I one thing that annoys me at the moment is that bell type synth that plays the G note over and over in the intro... I'd like to see some sort of automation there to make it more interesting... nitpick I know.

I like the automated panning on the arp in the intro, but everything seems very centered other than this. The 6/8 time sig is a cool idea, and somehow seems to work quite well, despite the lack of a transition :P Cool variation on the lead and the reverb gives alot of space to the sound :P

There seems to be some weird volume swells at 0:57, I think intentional right? Not so sure about them myself.

I think what this needs is something that isn't chiptune oriented... you could opt for the traditional Rhodes option, but I'd try something different this time if I were you, try and find that SWEET DUDE thing that gario was on about. And then.... *insert end of review here*