OCR02218 - *YES* Chaos Field 'Knowing Heart, Distant Noise'

anosou

Screw the queue, have some Swedish remix:

REMIX NAME: Knowing Heart, Distant Noise

Remixer name: Another Soundscape

ReMix Info

Name of game ReMixed: Chaos Field

Name of individual song(s): 25mg -select-

Additional information about the game including composer, system, etc.

Composer: Kou Hayashi (this track) and Daisuke Nagata (other tracks)

System: Dreamcast/GameCube

http://www.gamefaqs.com/dreamcast/924654-chaos-field

Link to the original soundtrack:

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.

"Kou Hayashi and Daisuke Nagata (also known as k.h.d.n.) are two game composers I respect deeply. Their modern take on electronic shmup music is nothing short of brilliant. The textures range from organic pulsating to harsh, distorted noise. All these amazing textures always work perfectly with the game too, showing superb craftmanship. I've always been a fan of modern electronic game music, a part of VGM which sometimes gets overlooked. Obviously I had no choice but to pay tribute to k.h.d.n.!

This remix is my take on the memorable select music from Chaos Field. I tried to capture to dark, atmospheric track but make it a bit more dancefloor-friendly. A lot of effort went into finding the right textures and expanding these, the heavily automated Thor bass being something I'm especially proud of. The original melody is quite brilliant in it's simplicity so I've not tampered that much with it, instead the textures and new setting is the main focus. As always it was all made in Propellerhead's Reason/Record. I actually showed this track to Kou Hayashi on twitter and he enjoyed it very much. Here it is now for the rest of you to check out! I hope you enjoy it."

• 2 weeks later...