Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nutritious

Super Mario 64: Portrait of a Plumber - History

327 posts in this topic

Damashii and I are currently in the midst of trying to get the whole Slider track figured out. I believe he's going to send me something in a few days for me to listen to.

EDIT: Welp, Damashii sent me what he's got for me to mess with, and it sucks. ;-P Kidding; it should be done hopefully rather soon. What he's sent me sounds really great so far.

Edited by Garrett Williamson

Update! Just got a WIP of Slider and it's sounding awesome! Now claimed.

File select is now complete! Also awesome! The clock is now officially ticking for any remaining wips:

Due Date for final wavs is now MAY 6th.

This gives you over two weeks - including two weekends - to close these out. If this is a problem, please let me know ASAP as I'm willing to work with you guys.

Also, remixers, keep an eye on your inboxes as I'm going to need some feedback from all of you in the coming days.

Edited by Nutritious

Update time!

Lullaby is now both locked down and nearly complete! Two and a half weeks left for the two remaining tracks, guys. Let's close it out strong.

What do you prefer for wavs? 16- or 24-bit?

Doesn't matter to me. Leave default wav settings. (16? I can't check I'm not at my home computer right now)

Update time!

Lullaby is now both locked down and nearly complete! Two and a half weeks left for the two remaining tracks, guys. Let's close it out strong.

I'm responsible for adding on to the Slider song. Trying to get that done as soon as humanly possible. Struggling a bit right now hahaha

5 days left until deadline - except Slider, which requested and was granted an extra week to finish... which means this only applies to Lullaby, which is essentially finished anyway :tomatoface:

I just sent an PM last night to everyone involved in the project and need action from 100% of you. Please check your inboxes!

Also, I nailed down the tracklist last night - much harder to do than you'd think. Primarily, I went for a rough game chronological order, with adjustments for genre & flow. I've also started the organization and tagging of all the music, so I should be done with that about the same time the final tracks make it in.

I vaguely remember applying to EVERY project like 2 years ago, including SM64, but I redid it anyway :-P

Okay, I'm opening up to suggestions from the community for the naming of 3 of my project tracks. They are, with genres:

1. Hazy Maze Cave first mix - electro/techno

2. Hazy Maze Cave second mix - more organic, breakbeats, acoustic guitar and electric bass

3. Ending - sort of similar to my "Day's End" mix

I would like the Hazy Maze titles to be tied with some sort of Dawn/Dusk, Before/After, or Part 1/Part 2 idea.

I thought it'd be cool to continue my Devastation's Doorway...Devastation's Duel...etc idea into the Ending mix title somehow.

Or I could just call it "This Cake is Not a Lie" :smile:

Going with the Devastation theme, how about these ideas:

Devastation's Demise

Devastation Diminished

Devastation's Dismissal

Devastation's Destroyed

Devastation's Done (probably not nearly epic enough for it though)

As for Hazy Maze Cave, perhaps:

A Player Lost / A Pathway Found

Lost in the Labyrinth / Discovery in the Depths

Something like that maybe?

Call the first one

Butt

Call the second one

Fart

Call the third one

Devastation's Butt Fart

I submitted a song called Poop.

I think Frank or Gerald are nice names.

But it's all up to opinion. :/

You could call Haze Maze Cave this: Swirling Depths of the Hazy Maze

and you could call the Ending: 64-Bit Journey (Nutri should get that little joke ;-) ).

I think Frank or Gerald are nice names.

But it's all up to opinion. :/

Those are great, Harold is also a great American name

Polygon Mist

Underground Sound

UnderGround Pound

Groove Grotto (or vice versa)

How do I Long Jump?

World 64-2

Take the Red Coin/Take the Blue Coin

New Dawn

See You Next Time

Just Another Day

See, I have the advantage of listening to the songs while I come up with title ideas. :)

It had better been accepted.

I actually heard it might be a dp (direct poop) when they get up to it.

Polygon Mist

Underground Sound

UnderGround Pound

Groove Grotto (or vice versa)

How do I Long Jump?

World 64-2

Take the Red Coin/Take the Blue Coin

New Dawn

See You Next Time

Just Another Day

See, I have the advantage of listening to the songs while I come up with title ideas. :)

These are some good names. I like "Red Coin / Blue Coin" idea. Also for some reason World 64-2 I like. Reminds me of "When i'm Sixty-four"

I like the Red Coin/Blue Coin concept a lot. I was thinking Blue Cap/Red Cap too.

I like "See You Next Time" though I think that's the ending quote from Mario Kart. M64 is "Thank you so much for playing my game!" I like Tyler's line of thinking too but now that I think about it, the Devastation alliteration might be overkill. It's a happy song.

Edited by Sole Signal

I like the Red Coin/Blue Coin concept a lot. I was thinking Blue Cap/Red Cap too.

I like "See You Next Time" though I think that's the ending quote from Mario Kart. M64 is "Thank you so much for playing my game!" I like Tyler's line of thinking too but now that I think about it, the Devastation alliteration might be overkill. It's a happy song.

For reference, in the current (likely near-final) track order, they're not concurrent tracks. Heck, they're not even on the same disc.

Alright, today's deadline day, so you better get your - wait a sec *checks inbox* - right! Carry on. (Pirahna Plant complete!)

I guess Haunted House needs a name if you think we're submitting these bad boys.

Does the whole flatulence theme work for this track as well?

I guess Haunted House needs a name if you think we're submitting these bad boys.

Does the whole flatulence theme work for this track as well?

"Scared Shitless"

Music complete!

Thanks for coming through everyone, you are awesome. I now have final wavs for all of the tracks. I've already been in the process of encoding and prepping everything for evaluation. I'm going to get this in as soon as possible 'cause this project has waited long enough.

Hang on tight, sm64 album coming soon!