• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 ajgunn225

ajgunn225

Glass Joe (+10)

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 08:31 AM

my bad, i guess you could call me a veteran listener but a newbie poster. I didn't realize that there was so much flaming on these boards of our remixing community. I was actually posting that topic in an attempt to find out what other people liked so that just in case there was something i hadnt sampled already, my search for good remixes would be helped along. In any case, I see good reason in disallowing such topics now that I've thought it through more. Thanks for not flaming.

#22 AbyssWyrm

AbyssWyrm

Alex Kidd (+200)

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:34 AM

my bad, i guess you could call me a veteran listener but a newbie poster. I didn't realize that there was so much flaming on these boards of our remixing community. I was actually posting that topic in an attempt to find out what other people liked so that just in case there was something i hadnt sampled already, my search for good remixes would be helped along. In any case, I see good reason in disallowing such topics now that I've thought it through more. Thanks for not flaming.

Well, if there's something specific you were looking for, you could try more like "piano mix recommendations."
Posted Image

#23 The Coop

The Coop

Mr. X (+23000)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,133 posts
  • LocationOutskirts of B.F.E.

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:43 AM

And here's a bump to keep this thread from vanishing... again.

jon_talbain_and_smiley_meet_felicia_by_t

#24 Infinite HP

Infinite HP

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 11:31 PM

Due to the recent "flux" (or "influx" or however you want to put it) of newer people (I prefer to use the politically correct term for "newbies" :wink: ) I am helping to preserve this thread/sticky by posting.
Posted Image

#25 Setz

Setz

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 11:21 PM

I'm not letting Coop get all the bumps!
Posted Image

#26 AmishNinja

AmishNinja

Mudkip (+150)

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 12:26 AM

i realized that i created one of these threads but i do not have the option to delete it. what should i do?

#27 Smoke

Smoke

Evil Ryu (+14000)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,676 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 12:43 AM

That's what moderators are for. We'll lock or delete the thread if needed. Editing the subject and first post doesn't make it all good again.
Posted Image

#28 equiski

equiski

Cammy (+850)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 853 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 06:42 AM

I posted a favourites thread and all I got was this lousy *bump*.

#29 The Coop

The Coop

Mr. X (+23000)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,133 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 07:26 AM

Since we lost one of the sticky thread again, I felt the need to bump this.

#30 rem

rem

M. Bison (+7000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,116 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 04:52 PM

There is a very easy way to prevent favorites threads being made. Just sticky ONE "favorite remix" thread in GD. At several anime sites I frequent, people don't create favorites threads because one already exists as a sticky.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 equiski

equiski

Cammy (+850)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 853 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 02:44 AM

There is a very easy way to prevent favorites threads being made. Just sticky ONE "favorite remix" thread in GD. At several anime sites I frequent, people don't create favorites threads because one already exists as a sticky.

The problem is we don't want any favourite remix fullstop, as we don't want to hurt the feelings of remixers etc.

#32 The Coop

The Coop

Mr. X (+23000)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,133 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 05:07 AM

A little nudging to fight off the deletion fairy.

#33 Smoke

Smoke

Evil Ryu (+14000)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,676 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 06:16 PM

Look at the topic type again, these don't time out ;)
Posted Image

#34 The Coop

The Coop

Mr. X (+23000)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,133 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 06:25 PM

Look at the topic type again, these don't time out ;)

OMG THERE IT IS!!!!

;)

Huh. I hadn't noticed that. I'm so used to these few threads being stickies, it had become almost instinctual to bump them after the last couple months. Nice to see they've been given a more permanent status.

#35 Axel B.

Axel B.

JC Denton (+950)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 968 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 01:50 AM

Well, since it has vanished yet again, here's the third version of this thread.

For those of you coming here for the first time, this is just a friendly request to avoid making a "favorite remix/remixer" thread on this site. I'm sure you're wondering "Why?". Well, the answer is pretty simple. Those threads almost always degenerate into flame wars, as they have been done literally hundreds upon hundreds of times (and thusly, everyone is sick of them). Also, those threads usually get the same answers each time, and this can lead to hurt feelings... and yet more flames.

If you feel the urge to divide your OCR collection up into the "WOW!" and "HOW'D THIS GET ON THE SITE?!" categories, please do so on your hard drive, and not on the site itself.

Moderator edit:
We're broadening this to favorite stuff threads in general. They have the nasty habit of causing flamewars very fast(along the lines of "U IDIOT TAHT GAEM/SYSTEM SUX BALLZ") Same goes for those silly "Who would win?" threads actually. There's no winners in those, only losers. Not to mention that in most cases it's impossible to determine who'd win, since it's all based on opinion anyways ;).

Sorry to re-quote everything you wrote coop but i just want to agree on the fact that favorite topics do lead to flame wars and feelings being hurt. so pretty much, it's not a bad idea to ban favorite threads at all.
Posted Image
Bummerdude of Ruin
Posted Image
GO BANG!

#36 Uberwulf X

Uberwulf X

Alex Kidd (+200)

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 01:33 AM

Kyo, you could've done the...

[Entire first post]

...method.
Posted Image
It's like that.

#37 RocketSniper

RocketSniper

Chrono (+3000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 02:46 PM

Moderator edit:
We're broadening this to favorite stuff threads in general. They have the nasty habit of causing flamewars very fast(along the lines of "U IDIOT TAHT GAEM/SYSTEM SUX BALLZ") Same goes for those silly "Who would win?" threads actually. There's no winners in those, only losers. Not to mention that in most cases it's impossible to determine who'd win, since it's all based on opinion anyways ;).

NO MORE NINJA-PIRATE FIGHTS!? NOOOO!!!!
Posted Image

#38 Smedricksman24

Smedricksman24

Octorok (+25)

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:51 PM

Those always tend to end badly.
Posted Image

#39 Chris 'Bill' D

Chris 'Bill' D

Abobo (+450)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 461 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:25 AM

Two months since the last bump...
but meh
Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 Agonotheta

Agonotheta

Mudkip (+150)

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:34 PM

Ahahaha, so this must be why I was banned. But mine was a joke. Maybe that means double-ban? Oh well, no regrets, learn from your mistakes, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums