#81 Neblix

Neblix

Wario (+4000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,852 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:04 AM

Too much good music is a legitimate complaint.

gang%20sig.png
facebook | twitter | linkedin | website | soundcloud | code
impact soundworks developer | gossamer games audio director
current projects: Sole (iOS)

#82 Spectre

Spectre

Snacks'N Jaxson (+1)

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:49 AM

Thanks for the fair responses. I can see where you're coming from in some regards, but I think I'm looking at things a bit differently. I would just like it if there was a way to see a subset of a few great songs at a time. Maybe a "this week's featured songs" section where the site admins could take turns picking out three or four of their favorites every week to highlight some of the truly best songs on the site. Just to give a taste of what greatness can be found in the OCRemix catalog.

But hey, that's just me. I don't want to be Debbie Downer, I really do love this site and really have been coming back for years. I just wanted to throw out my 2¢ on the issue.

#83 Gario

Gario

Workshop Moderator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,398 posts
  • LocationVagabond in the Southern California region

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:09 AM

Well, the closest you'll come to that is the Russian ReMix Roulette. You won't find the J's advertising favorites, as once that starts happening the site will run into the problem discussed. Even worse (and from what I hear this has happened in the past, though perhaps not with the judges, per se), the judges comparing remixers against one another (that is, having a remixer remain a consistent favorite and having plenty of others get ignored on 'favorites' listings) causes plenty of bad blood to be spread among not only the fans, but sometimes even the remixers themselves. Unlike other sites where people share their music freely, this place is home to a relatively small pool of remixers, so favorite remixers lists are more personal (and as a result, abrasive) to the other mixers, as a result.

Glad you still love the site, though.

Posted Image
<Insanctuary> I love humility; I eat it for breakfast.
Get involved! The Lufia Album, ORC and PRC are all looking for volunteers!

#84 Spectre

Spectre

Snacks'N Jaxson (+1)

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

Unlike other sites where people share their music freely, this place is home to a relatively small pool of remixers

Hmm, okay that's something I hadn't really considered but that makes a fair amount of sense. I guess I've gotten too used to sites like youtube with huge user bases where community relations aren't as important.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums