Dota 2

DarkeSword

There's a way to make it so the minimap is unclickable for only a second after you hover over it, I think it requires some console command though.

Edit: this is actually how you do it, you go to the steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\cfg folder and make a file in notepad, add the line

dota_minimap_misclick_time "0.4"

(or whatever amount of time works for you), and save it as autoexec.cfg

I also have

dota_disable_range_finder "0" 	
dota_force_right_click_attack 1

enabled. These commands respectively show a range indicator when you cast a spell and let you deny by rightclicking.

Edited by Tensei

So there's this new mobaah on iPad

Somewhere between lol and dota

It's pretty fucking good so far. Only played 2 bot games. Feels like a lot of thought went into it, considering its on a casual platform, anyway.

Heroes of order & chaos. F2p, with heavily imba coin and exp shit as it seems, but couldn't care less ATM.

No hardcore dota for me until I get a working desktop again. Does me gud lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

how far along is this by the way? i know it's still 'in beta' as it were but most of the characters must be released by now right? i saw the 'least played heroes' game mode and got re-interested.

also i apparently have an extra copy of the game to give out.

edit: make that 6 copies..? i've been away from steam for awhile huh.

Edited by The Derrit

how far along is this by the way? i know it's still 'in beta' as it were but most of the characters must be released by now right? i saw the 'least played heroes' game mode and got re-interested.

also i apparently have an extra copy of the game to give out.

edit: make that 6 copies..? i've been away from steam for awhile huh.

They also just added All Random as a matchmaking option, but yeah, we're getting there in terms of heroes, only 12 more to go. They made Least Played more restrictive too by preventing you from picking your top 40 rather than your top 20. Other than that it's still missing a tutorial and I assume that they want to set up servers and censor the game for release in China.

Edited by Tensei

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is a faux pas or anything, but does anyone have a beta key they wouldn't mind parting with? A friend got me into the MOBA genre with LoL a few months back and while I like the game, the community of players is... a little lacking :-P. Mainly want to see if the grass is greener, plus Valve has a pretty good track record (for me at least), so I'm interested to see their spin on things.

My steam profile page is http://steamcommunity.com/id/faustt001

I was kind of hoping it would have that Valve level of polish. LoL just feels so haphazardly put together at times.

Figured the player base would probably be a wash. They're both aimed at the same crowd after all. I'd be happy if the average player doesn't act like a spoiled 12 year old who rage quits over trivial stuff, is that asking too much? :)

I'd be happy if the average player doesn't act like a spoiled 12 year old who rage quits over trivial stuff, is that asking too much? :)

happened less and less the more i played. the leveling system does offer slightly more balanced and mature games in the long run.

of course that doesn't mean the atmosphere and chemistry in your team can't be night and day over the course of two games.

that's dota...one great game makes up for 3 crappy ones (great games being good fights, not stomps)

Yes, yes it is.

Well damn...

I actually don't think it's activated on my account. I logged in yesterday to do the survey and sign up for a spot when I noticed it was in my library list already. I downloaded it and tried to play, but it stays stuck on the connecting to dota 2 network screen. I let it sit there for awhile, but it didn't budge. Checking the forums I found this http://steamcommunity.com/app/570/discussions/0/882965239636857387/

Basically everyone with a steam account can download the spectator client, so it shows up in your library to download. I'm guessing that's what I did?