Flat Notes: A Paper Mario ReMix Album - 7 TRACKS AVAILABLE!

RECKENEFIN

He can have it, if you've got to debate between a posted mixer and a noob just give it to that guy... I've got way too much stuff to do anyway

Man, you jump to conclusions a bit. I wasn't debating between you and him. I was debating whether I was going to go with your plan or not. I was keeping the track for you.

Regardless, we're going to be reworking the audition system and standards, so I'm going to hold off on accepting new people for a bit. I'll keep everybody posted as things develop.

Ok, I've done some restructuring of the project. I hope this opens some possibilities for artists and makes the project less formidable. Please feel free to check the original post for better details.

Also, if you are interested, please do not reply to this thread. Please send me a PM so we can keep this thread clear of unnecessary clutter and get on to the screening process in a clean and orderly manner. :smile:

Alright, some updates. A few more songs have been taken. Still plenty open, so if you're interested, let me know.

Also, after conferring with my assistant director, we've established the first WIP deadline to be April 15, 2011. That's a ways away, but I'm just letting everyone know about the deadline so they have something to shoot for. That is more than likely the earliest that the deadline will be. Depending on how recruitment goes, it might be pushed back, but hopefully all the major slots will be filled by then. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing that you

bump3ef1.gif

because there are ten tracks open.

There's always the opportunity to continue with these 10 tracks still open. People will come. I think that as interest builds in this project, then whatever the last few tracks are, people will pick them up.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not really bumping this time because I'm concerned about meeting a deadline, but something just came to my mind. Here's something that djpretzel said at the beginning of the year:

If there's one theme I'd like to personally endorse for 2011, it's ReMixing unmixed games. We all love us some Final Fantasy, and Chrono Trigger, and Sonic, and Mega Man, and Zelda, but there are tons of great games out there with beautiful & amazing soundtracks that deserve some attention. Heck, even some of those mega-franchises have games that haven't been mixed yet, and there are tons of other popular, mainstream games that don't have mixes, in addition to more obscure X68000 or MSX games.
One of my main reasons for starting this project was that (aside from it being one of my favorite games) this game hasn't been ReMixed yet. And this project isn't the only one focused on an UnMixed game. I'm not saying drop what you're doing and come help. I'm just saying don't brush it off as "just another Mario project from a noob." An UnMixed game is an UnMixed game, and it at least deserves a shot.

Ok, done with my little speach-ish thing. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not saying drop what you're doing and come help. I'm just saying don't brush it off as "just another Mario project from a noob." An UnMixed game is an UnMixed game, and it at least deserves a shot.

Ok, done with my little speach-ish thing. :roll:

I've just PMed you a WIP of the "Title Screen." Let me know what you think because I'm truly hoping that it can inspire some people to get started with this project.

....however, even though an unmixed game is an "UnMixed game" I will agree that there's probably enough Final Fantasy and Mario tunes. One more Album wouldn't hurt too much.:)!!

• 4 weeks later...