Lufia II: Of Gods and Men

Bahamut

• 7 months later...

Ah, yesss... This project has been going slow, admittedly, due to both directors having life get in the way quite a bit. I do have some good news in that while it's not up on the front page yet, DaMonz rocked out Battle to a completed track.

But yeah, lack of updates are not cool, my bad on that. If nothing moves before Summer of this year I'll start getting some fires started up again, but until then I'm mostly out of the loop, as well. :(

I'm sorry for not finishing Winter yet, I have it sitting all done and written except no acoustic guitars recorded yet. I don't know why it sat so long, I like the remix a lot. Just never got back to it. I'll try to fix that. As for Rumbling I'll still be doing that one if it's ok. But I haven't started on it yet.

So my track for this is over 2 years and by my current standards it sounds like crap. Only thing that sounds good are the rhythm guitars.

Would you mind if I fixed it up and sent you a new wav? I figure I'd need to record the lead guitars again, put some life into the sequenced instruments and redo the mixing. I could do it in a few days.

So my track for this is over 2 years and by my current standards it sounds like crap. Only thing that sounds good are the rhythm guitars.

Would you mind if I fixed it up and sent you a new wav? I figure I'd need to record the lead guitars again, put some life into the sequenced instruments and redo the mixing. I could do it in a few days.

By all means, that would be great. I understand that feeling all too well - my tower track was 99% complete, but I can't possibly put that track out now since I've gotten another five years better since then. If you sent it to either myself or Bahamut we'd be more than happy to take a new version :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you get started on it, send me a sample and I'll let you know if you're on board.

For the project status: Almost moving again, since I almost have a whole bunch of backlogged things finished + gaining more stable work. I'd like this one to be finished as much as anyone, and I'm really REALLY close to being in a position where I can dedicate my full attention to it again. I insist, keep an eye out on this one, and the wheels will start moving once again...

• 1 month later...

Glad to have randomly come back and seen a more recent update on this than when I last checked that doesn't say "Sorry, it's closed!" The Lufia series probably has some of my favorite and most memorable moments and music of all time, and I REALLY want to see this project come to fruition!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Man... looking at this, I'm shocked that The Final Decisive Battle (AKA The Last Duel, which is what I prefer to call it) isn't taken.  It's an iconic piece of music and I can't imagine a Lufia 2 album without it.

I've got a pretty full plate already, but a chance to remix one of my favorite tracks of all time is too good to pass up.  I talked to Swiggles (guitar player) and if you'd like, we can take this track.

58 minutes ago, Hipnotyk said:

Man... looking at this, I'm shocked that The Final Decisive Battle (AKA The Last Duel, which is what I prefer to call it) isn't taken.  It's an iconic piece of music and I can't imagine a Lufia 2 album without it.

I've got a pretty full plate already, but a chance to remix one of my favorite tracks of all time is too good to pass up.  I talked to Swiggles (guitar player) and if you'd like, we can take this track.

Just note, we'll need a quick turnaround (aiming to have the music 100% done by the end of the ~6 months, will release as is at that point), but I would absolutely love for this to be done - I'm fine with it if you are.

I'm an asshole because Winter has been "done" for so long and you've never even heard a WIP, you probably won't even like it, after all this time. It's pretty happy sounding from what I remember. :lol:

All it has needed was acoustic guitars (though at this point I will probably redo the bass guitar too, just so it's current)

And I actually had started writing on Rumbling way back when, but it was so small that I may as well start from scratch. At any rate anything I make for you now will be better just due to being more familiar with stuff as time goes on. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wasn't sure if this was still on or not. :P Been a lot of years and I had apparently stopped getting post updates to my emails. I just happened to peek in today by curiosity.

Still been holding on to the two tunes as well. Been ages since I've tweaked on them but I'm just about set up in my new home, so I should be able to work with them some more and bring them more up to speed. Other than that, just let me know what's what and I'll get back to you guys post haste!

• 2 months later...