OCR02133 - *YES* Tecmo Bowl 'Touchdown Hoedown'

OceansAndrew

Game: Tecmo Bowl

Tracks arranged: the main field theme

Remix Title: Touchdown Hoedown

The original track was just asking to be arranged in a bluegrass/hoedown style so that's what I did here. Not too much to say. It incorporates a banjo, acoustic and electric guitars, a mandolin, and violins played fiddle style. It was difficult to get the production levels up to snuff on this one - mainly the EQ. I messed with it for quite some time, got frustrated with it and finally settled with this version. Hopefully, the arrangement makes up for it.

Well Tar-nation, it's a right good hootenanny all up in these parts! Performances are great, and the arrangement is pretty expansive. The style is just right for a good ol' boy like me, I reckon. YEE HAW

Ok, I can't think of anything else, but seriously, this mix is excellent, and really brings the track to life in a unique and compelling way. The transitions and flow are great, and the production sounds awesome. Overall a super win, IMO.

Yes

• 2 weeks later...

The source breakdown of the melodic stuff that I could make out was :00-:56.5, 1:24-1:26, 1:50.5-2:03, 2:04-2:23.5 or 88.5 seconds of a 2:58-long arrangement or 49.71%.

There were a lot of original sections with a loose stylistic connection to the source that I love but don't count, and I was waiting for some of the source's backing patterns to show up in the original sections, but aside from some similarities it didn't happen. One reason could be that the patterns were really difficult to make out due to crowding. That said, I'm willing to give it a pass because of the Game Boy Tetris-style backing pattern from 1:37-1:49. :lol:

Absolutely loved the track, Don. Whenever we get a ReMix that flips the original game on its head, I love it!

YES

Haha, very fun. It's great seeing underrepresented styles and underrepresented games getting love. The arrangement and the sequencing makes up for some slight mixing problems you acknowledged. The drums sounded kind of hollow to me and a heavier kit would have filled in those lower regions better. This is fiiiiiiiiiiine work.

YES