Celebrate the McRib

Liontamer

I used to love the McRib. I used to like hot dogs. I used to like a lot of meat products in general. Then I stumbled across one of those "here's how meat is mechanically separated, then re-flavored because it's nasty and dyed so it doesn't resemble the stuff it actually came from" videos and I just haven't quite recovered...

Don't get me wrong I'll still eat meat, but man, that stuff haunts you.

I used to love the McRib. I used to like hot dogs. I used to like a lot of meat products in general. Then I stumbled across one of those "here's how meat is mechanically separated, then re-flavored because it's nasty and dyed so it doesn't resemble the stuff it actually came from" videos and I just haven't quite recovered...

Don't get me wrong I'll still eat meat, but man, that stuff haunts you.

point me to the worst video of that kind please.

i had a pretty good veggie routine going for a couple months, but the old habits have kicked back in.

i really wouldn't mind being more disgusted by reformed meat and the likes.

point me to the worst video of that kind please.

i had a pretty good veggie routine going for a couple months, but the old habits have kicked back in.

i really wouldn't mind being more disgusted by reformed meat and the likes.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with eating meat in general (though I do believe it should be eaten in moderation LIKE MOST THINGS).

Here's a funny clip I saw recently from the Food Revolution http://www.wimp.com/nuggetexperiment/

I don't really have a problem with McDonalds. They actually use real chicken meat for their nuggets and sandwiches. But lately the whole mechanically separated and artificially flavored thing just doesn't really appeal to me much.

I've never been sick at a McDonalds. :roll: My stomach usually hurts more after a burger from a casual restaurant like TGIFridays or Gondoliers and I end up paying 3 times more for it than I ever would at Mickey Ds. Maybe its just that going out to eat in this economy is overrated anyway.

This is because the McDonalds robots make you anti-nausea laden, lab-tested, uniformly, impossibly-cheap & ridiculously meat-like perfectly circular beef discs.

TGIF has real people flipping real formed meat patties that are frozen at nearby plants/suppliers and held unsafely or past their expiration date, they're lazily undercooked and hurriedly put between a bun to keep your table from getting pissy and served to you anyway.

Most chain restaurants are completely horrible in one way or another. Fake robot food or incompetent real food. Pick your poison.

Edited by Less Ashamed Of Self