Children Of Time (Chrono Trigger Zeal Trance Mix)

Jewbei

The ice casting sound made me orgasm. Fuckin' great, there.

Well, certainly don't have too many complaints about the production on this one. The only comment that I can see is that it seems the thematic elements are too far into the background, and the overall sound seems a touch heavy in the lower mids, to my ear. That might be an artifact of the genre, though, so it might not be a problem.

I can't recognize the source immediately. It's there, don't get me wrong, and it's clear enough (well, it will be once you get the melodic elements closer to the front of the mix), so I don't think the source usage is too big of a problem, yet. What I mean is that you took a tune that everyone and their mother knows by heart and really spun it on it's head, in a good way. In fact, I think I'd get upset if I started to hear the more familiar elements of the source get introduced (like that very, very, very overused texture that they play in the background - great texture, but overused in any Zeal remix). Be careful not to overdecorate the melody over time, though - that's really your only connection to the source, so if it's not recognizable you're going to get hammered by the J's on it.

Great rendition of a classic track. Keep it goin'.

The ice casting sound made me orgasm. Fuckin' great, there.

Well, certainly don't have too many complaints about the production on this one. The only comment that I can see is that it seems the thematic elements are too far into the background, and the overall sound seems a touch heavy in the lower mids, to my ear. That might be an artifact of the genre, though, so it might not be a problem.

I can't recognize the source immediately. It's there, don't get me wrong, and it's clear enough (well, it will be once you get the melodic elements closer to the front of the mix), so I don't think the source usage is too big of a problem, yet. What I mean is that you took a tune that everyone and their mother knows by heart and really spun it on it's head, in a good way. In fact, I think I'd get upset if I started to hear the more familiar elements of the source get introduced (like that very, very, very overused texture that they play in the background - great texture, but overused in any Zeal remix). Be careful not to overdecorate the melody over time, though - that's really your only connection to the source, so if it's not recognizable you're going to get hammered by the J's on it.

Great rendition of a classic track. Keep it goin'.

Hey Gario yeah i agree with what you said ...see im trying to figure this out i wanted to make this entirely different i was thinking about throwing in the arp from the original in there and then expanding on that. also i was thinking about doing 2 break downs/build up sections. the first leading up to the main melody (which may be at the 2min mark) and then the second part of the source the one with the choir pads, I wanted to do something new and write a epic intro and it turned out good.

Also i wanted to make this sound like a Aujunabeats trance track but without the "VG" feel but still retain the emotion of the original.

o.o

*Bows down to Jewbei*

Dude...seriously. This is pretty damn amazing. So why isn't this finished yet? As for what Gario said about over-decorating the lead? I wouldn't worry to much about that. I'm very fond of the soft lead you've got going. But later on, when you're expanding more, I'd love to hear the soft lead meet with a hard/ruff lead. Tastefully, obviously. Maybe have each play off one another in some way, or just have one of the two double the other.

That's just me, however. Whatever you do, I'm sure I'm going to love. Keep it up man, definitely keeping my eye on this bad boy.

o.o

*Bows down to Jewbei*

Dude...seriously. This is pretty damn amazing. So why isn't this finished yet? As for what Gario said about over-decorating the lead? I wouldn't worry to much about that. I'm very fond of the soft lead you've got going. But later on, when you're expanding more, I'd love to hear the soft lead meet with a hard/ruff lead. Tastefully, obviously. Maybe have each play off one another in some way, or just have one of the two double the other.

That's just me, however. Whatever you do, I'm sure I'm going to love. Keep it up man, definitely keeping my eye on this bad boy.

Thanks man ive been working on this like crazy for the last few days and its coming along very good. for a note ive been working on this mix for 8months and i jus recently jus started getting ideas for this mix. ive incorporated the arp from the original in there but i re wrote it. so hopefully it'll gell with the rest of the track. i'll post an update by weeks end so keep your eyes out.