OCR02127 - Animal Crossing "Camrade"

djpretzel

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

Fantastic mix from K.K. Setlist -- look for that in the future, as we're working to collect all the songs and produce a few more and hopefully release it at OCR in a proper fashion. This is an incredible mix. The interesting thing about the K.K. music is that they've got "studio versions" of all of K.K.'s songs, labeled "Aircheck" versions. So if you're not a fan in particular of K.K.'s live performance, there's always the studio version to check out.

Really, my only gripe about this mix is that it is so short. However, the arrangement is concise and I don't feel it lingers too long on any particular movement. The production is extremely well-executed and clear, and the guitar sounds are nothing short of professional. Good work Diggi. :-)

But, no mention that this thing is from Joe Cam's Animal Crossing remix project? No mention of the pun in the title? Are you slipping, Dave? :-P

I've been quietly slipping for years now... shhhh.

Yeah Frank didn't mention that in his submission email, and while I knew it in the back of my head, I forgot to mention that. That's what these review threads are for, fixing my gaffes :nicework:

I smiled, chuckled, and took a smoke listening to this. I love the zesty introduction that gives it that Spanish vibe to it with the light guitar element. The flow is a medium and very light on piano. What really got to me is the whistle that flowed with the rhythm (wild arms reference anyone ? xD).

10/10 A+ must listen.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason, this reason this mix reminds me a lot of this mix. I don't know why.

But anyway the guitar work here is drop dead gorgeous, and the whole thing feels so mellow in a so sizzling hot it's cool kind of way.

This is an absolute must listen to and is by far my favorite (as of now) Animal Crossing mix on the site.

Also, just ending with K.K. Slider whistling is brilliant.

really nice guitar playing, and the once again, awesomeness for the KK beatboxing.

The mix itself is pretty short, but it says what it needs to and is well suited to repeat plays, so all good. There is a lot of great textural variety in such a small package, and overall the remix is really strong. Nice work, DD Slider. :-)

Oh hell yes, this is tiiiiighhtt! It totally plays off of the great melodies from the original (*stares angrily at the AC haters) and really breathes a ton of new life into it, which is why I was so disappointed to see the Animal Crossing project fail - the source tunes, while they may sound unconventional, are full of great melodies like this one that can be adapted in so many ways.

Major props on the KK samples too, that's just awesome! :-D

• 10 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02127 - Animal Crossing "Camrade"