OCR00662 - *YES* Ninja Gaiden 'Vengeance'

Joe Redifer

Post this?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Post this?

Howdy:

It took me all night but I have Remixed the second part of the intro song of Ninja Gaiden for NES (you know, right after the two ninja's clashed swords in the air, and Ryu's father fell. The part that plays right after they land). Originally the song is like 30 seconds, so I beefed it up to around a minute ten. Completely Redone in guitar ROCK format. This one shreds!

Title: Ninja Gaiden - Vengeance

Artist: Norrin Radd

Year: 2002

Genre: Ninja Gaiden

Feel free to list my email if it gets approved

PS. I am not very proud of my ending. Please don't make fun of me, I may Cry. Nay, I WILL!

Aside from the poor recording quality, I really like this. It would be fantastic if the recording quality was better. I say post it anyway unless he is willing to re-record it.

Guitar-y goodness.

But uhm, 320kbps?? Wtf?

Anyways, it does sound pretty good. Like, the actual playing and music itself. But as Joe said, it has horrible recording quality.

ARG, I'm so torn... okay, I'm gonna have to say Yes.

BUT, we need to contact this good Sir and see if he can't get us a better recording, am I right?

It's 320kbps???? I didn't notice that. I guess that's what happens when you get broadband since everything pretty much downloads just as fast. With the recording quality therein, I don't think there is need for it to be 320kbps. Fortunately it is short and therefore the file remains fairly small. Still though, a 192kbps version would help to save bandwidth on the site.

On a personal level, I'm not too crazy about this mix. Maybe it's just a first impression but I don't really like it. Why? I don't know why. I can't say....wait, that's unacceptable.

Okaaaaayyy. Let's think about this. :roll::?

The theme itself isn't something I'm all that excited about. The sound quality of the cover is another issue as well. That's kinda hard to explain since it is at 320kbps. However, my own personal qualms aside, the track was done quite well. It does acheive OC standards in my opinion. So I would vote yes... but I'm not gonna. Like Joe and Rob said, let's see if we can get ahold of this guy first and ask to improve the recording quality and lower the bitrate (oxymoronic, huh?). I'm gonna say no. But trust me, when he's sees that this is the only thing holding his mix back from submission, he'll change it in a heartbeat.

Very cool mix here. Like Pizza said, the theme isn't my favorite, but it's arranged well and holds my interest. I don't like how the ending quickly fades out - I think it would be much more effective to hold our the guitar for another meassure or to, then cut it out. Or was that Winamp being retarded? If so, ignore that comment... :?

Anyway, the quality could use some improving here, and it definately doesn't warrent that high of a bitrate, though the bitracte can be easily reduced. As for the quality, It doesn't hutr the mix all that much, and we've let low quality recordings of live mixes through before "like SMB Italian Plunber). So basically, I see no reason to say No on this one. Though, as others have pointed out, if we can get a high quality version of this, it would be great.

Shred guitar isn't my cup of meat but this is done very well. It's not too empty, maybe even a bit too full, but I'm sure that's what he was going for. My only REAL qualm with it is that instead of a whole song, it seems more like PART of a song. I mean, the way it fades out at the end makes it sound like I was listening to a clip from cdnow.com... granted a very high quality clip from cdnow.com. And on that note, I don't think that the quality is too high. So 320 is fine by me as long as he's stayed under the file-size limit. But the ending... well... I really would like to hear an ending, and I don't think I'm being too picky here, because there are a lot of other songs on this site that I wish had endings, and don't. It's very... un settling. Even a repeat and fade of more length than he has there would be better, since it wouldn't be so jarring and sudden. I keep thinking about the high quality thing we talked about on this site and I'd like to do MY part in keeping the bar up just a little higher than the ground, if no one else minds.

So, in conclusion, the piece is VERY well done, sounds professional, and needs an ending. If he has trouble tacking an ending on to an already recorded piece, I understand and if he needs any help he can contact me, but I'd like to hear a finished version.

DC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...