OCR02145 - PaRappa the Rapper "Cookin' with Fire"

djpretzel

man i dont know how you did that. im assuming the "samples" were made specifically for this mix (?), but if i'd heard this outside the context of ocr i would never have guessed. it's got that aesthetic down perfect. just the amount of thought that was put into the sound of each sample, like each part was taken from a different record. absolutely nailed that rza sound. not that it's just some style/genre exercise. aside from the wu-tang influence it's got a lot of personality, esp with the lyrics. yeah. my new favourite remix.

Oh, hey. Look at that! :)

The samples were created for the mix, then run through some processing, chopped up, resampled and played out. So essentially, the original versions of all the loops I made (which sound a LOT more like the source material) were then remixed to give it that old school hip hop feel. And yes, I made this mix from scratch with the intention of it being a Parappa mix, not just throwing the label on a generic song I created.

Hopefully, that'll answer some questions?

Glad you all enjoyed this! It's good to have a new mix back up on the site where I learned how to make music. Hopefully, more to follow!

PS: Sorry I haven't been around at all recently...Also, thanks to Larry for changling up the namesake! Much appreciated

I never played the game so i can't compare it but i don't need to. The beat was mellow chilled, simmering in the back while the lyricist piled on those combo rhymers. This is a real old skool sounding rhyme, part of me is getting a real underground east coast mid 90's feeling to this tune ...while the rap is almost tickling the very idea of a Immortal Technique flow on Dance With The Devil.

I can hear so many different things in this tune, it's wicked. I'm a rapper myself so i know a tight beat with a sick flow when i hear one. Parappa or not, this tune is a killer.

-edit-

Sorry, maybe i missed it. But who's the dude spittin' on this tune? I may have overlooked the name. My bad.

Just as other guys, I'm not a great fan of rap/hip hop generally speaking, and perhaps even less of parappa the rapper, of which I played a demo 10 years ago or so... And yet I had to log in for the 1st time in months to praise your name out loud Navid, this is pure genious

you rock ! or you rap at the very least...

Holy... hell.

I always used to find the lyrics in Myf's mixes to be rather juvenile, and while his presentation was generally smooth, his tone of voice coupled with the lyrics always turned me off. The exception of course being Da Black Market.

But this... this is just fantastic. Buttery smooth, awesome lyrics, production is top notch, and... yeah. Wow. This is absolutely brilliant.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02145 - PaRappa the Rapper "Cookin' with Fire"