OCR00433 - Shinobi "Ninja Strut"

Ginnsu

Shinobi 'Ninja Strut'

Certainly not a combination of instruments I’d be expecting to hear. The drums (which I’m not fond of) don’t seem to fit with the lead instruments (which intrigue me.) It sounds well arranged to me, but I just can’t say I care for the drums backing that sort of sound. Also, one question, who the heck is The Sheriff?

• 2 months later...

Very prominent drum beat, and good backing to it, but somehow it doesn't have that something special that makes me want to listen to a song over and over again. It DOES have some interesting instruments, and the more they pick up, the stronger the percussion becomes. Interesting, but not a hallmark of arrangement skills.

• 2 years later...

Muito bom. Eu me divirto com esta mistura de conceitos japoneses com ritmos modernos. Aliás eu gosto muito dessas coisas. misturar algo antigo com algo recente é bem legal. Infelizmente este material é curto. Mas em compensação é criativo. Boas batidas.Arranjo legal. Melodia divertida e dinâmica. Bom trabalho!

I say portuguese. It is more amused. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Like the previous posters, I hear this as a drum solo with a little layering on top.

It's a heck of a drum solo! If only the sounds were better.. everything except maybe the stringed oriental stuff sounds dull. The frentic drumming is good and the embellishment is not at all bad either. It's a bit similar in my opinion to Weather Report's Teen Town. I like it! It just that the sounds really suck. It doesn't sound as tight as it should (the keyboards might have been played live, since they sound, hmm, underquantized, heh). I'd love to hear a remix of this ReMix..

---Eino

• 4 months later...

This reminds me of something from one of the levels of Crash Bandicoot Warped.

The drum solo intro is cool and a great way to start, and I like the Asian groove permeating throughout the mix.

Of course, I agree with and echo what everyone else has said about the drums, which are awesome.

Not one of my favorites but still very nice.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

The electronic keyboard sound really doesn't mesh well with the drums - perhaps the drums should've been brought forward more, because as it is, the keyboard stands quite far out and drowning the drums for a weird sounding contrast.

It also doesn't sound like it goes anywhere. Just a few loops and a cutoff ending. Definitely kinda bleh for me.

• 1 year later...

This summer....Eddie Murphy encounters his most difficult enemy as a Beverly Hills Cop yet....Chinatown.

The drums are quite impressive despite sounding overly mechanical, could do with a touch more wetness in the verb area and maybe a little less volume because it pushes down the other instruments that really deserve more attention. Interesting arrangement ideas but ultimately this was kinda disappointing.

Yes, even at times the drums sound like someone threw the drumkit down the stairs. I'm sure in a few years, all of our current mixes will sound aged...uh oh...

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00433 - Shinobi "Ninja Strut"