ReMixer name - Anti-Syne

Real name - Jack Lewis

Email address - jack_lewis13@hotmail.com

Userid - 31863

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged - FFVIII

Name of individual song(s) arranged - Under Her Control (

)

So firstly, yes this ReMix is heavily influenced by Daft Punk, I wanted to created that catchy, gritty, funky sound, but without it being too repetitive (Basically, I want it to get stuck in your head, but, without it annoying you). This is my first submission since I significantly upgraded my software, which means I wasn't nearly as limited making this track as I have been with my other submissions, so hopefully that shows here.

Anyway, I had alot of fun with this, hopefully you'll enjoy it too.

Jack

-----------------------------

• 4 weeks later...

This is pretty funky and cool sounding, but for some reason it took me forever to figure out all the source use in this.Not really sure why, but I guess that's the sign of a radically transformed arrangement. I don't feel that the main melody is always super prominent, but It does seem to show up enough for it to be dominant.

The intro is a bit on the long side, but the subtle reference to the melody keeps it in somewhat source territory, and the style and production is pretty unique. I'm not totally sold on the fake synth guitar, but I think in context it works ok enough. The epiano breakdown is nice, and overall the flow of the track is pretty good. I wish the lead melody wasn't as washed out, but I think it's good enough considering how punchy the bass and synth are; something's gotta give.

Very interesting take on the source, and pretty funky to boot. I approve. :-)

Yes

I found this to be a pretty creative take on the source, and I think a lot of people are going to enjoy listening to this. As OA says, there are times where the source feels a little too pushed aside, but it always comes back pretty strong within a short time, so it works out. There are a lot of subtle references as well that really help make this.

YES

• 1 month later...

I get the feeling you like Daft Punk. Do you like Daft Punk? This sounds like Daft Punk.

I count no less then 4 direct Daft Punk homages from different songs. Sauce is awesome, and it's blended very well into the style. Some of the robot voices got a little gimmicky, but they all sound okay and fit the style. Nice job on the Aerodynamic guitar sound, I've completely failed at recreating that several times.

All very well and good here.

YES