OCR01300 - *YES* Super C 'Against the Rest'

djpretzel

Your ReMixer name - BrainCells

Your real name - Marcos Pascoli

Your email address - braincells@terra.com.br

Name of game(s) ReMixed - Super C

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed - Against The Rest

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.

Super C for me is the heaviest ST on the nes. This is a guitar driven remix of the second stage, recorded with some seven string guitars and it's really heavy stuff.

I don't know if it's ok to mention it here, but this song is classified as a Stuff of Legends on VGMix. (if I can't say it, please edit)

Here's the link to the song

Thank you guys and hope you all like it.

BrainCells

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/superc.zip - Track 4

As soon as Hemophiliac pimped this one out to me back in September on VGMix, I HAD to verify the source to make sure this wasn't a cover. This sticks pretty faithful to the source, but makes sure to change up the style a bit over the 2 1/2 minutes, including some nice shredding and whatnot at 1:10. Nice and expansive arrangement compared to the NES original. Quick & dirty HIGH OCTANE SHIT! This is the kind of stuff that Ari should have risked a YES Override on. Great work, Marcos! Be sure to submit CutMetal & Let the Wind Flow, and good luck on the Axelay WIP.

YES

• 3 weeks later...

This is a pretty easy one. It's on the short end, but the original is simple to begin with. We have some well-played heavy guitar playing with spot-on mastering and production work. A great example of how a rock guitar mix should be engineered. The arrangement of the mix logically builds on the original tune, adding new sections, variations, and improv stuff to spice things up - not a cover by any means. Though.. I have to say, in terms of style and presentation, this mix doesn't do anything to stand out from the guitar mixes of people like virt or goat. However, it's still excellent. Unquestionably a

YES

My biggest issue with this is it's pretty short and in my view, it feels underdeveloped. The arrangement is pretty good, and the performance and production is excellent. I wish more thought went in the composition process though, minor nitpick. But the overall result sounds like every other guitar mix out there. Nothing here stands out for me that says, this is BrainCells. Solid and nice mix overall though, YES.