OCR02158 - Super Meat Boy "Spoiled R0TT3N"

djpretzel

I'm definitely feeling a PrototypeRaptor vibe - especially loving the bass.

The style mixes very well with the chiptune elements. Extremely well, in fact.

I love how everything in this mix blends. Everything thing just sounds so good together, I can't imagine even one element missing and this being the same. That just caught my attention here for some reason. Hmm..

This is one of my favorites from Ben. Can't wait to crank this up to max in my car.

Edited by urdailywater
Umm, like, keyboard issue.

GREAT JOB sneaking a mix onto the frontpage while it's still 'new'! haha! :P

in all seriousness, you know my thoughts on my mix; this is level-up material, bro. hopefully the SE ost release gets you some well-deserved attention. :D

Hahaha yeah, that's the fastest turn-around I've ever seen.. though I'm sure there's probably been faster ones in the past... :-P

OCR loves it some chthonic, and for good reason

Meat Spin? *dies*

Very nice tunage, the kind of which we've come to expect from the artist formerly known as the non-metal chthonic. ;-)

Also yeah! That lead is like a mouse singing into a tube. I love it.

first remix i ever heard was fleeting ecstasy. it was aural goodness.

good to see mr. briggs has grown musically though since then. it's not much like his old works, i think, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. bottomline is its still awesome

anyway it was good i likd it

Oh damn. This is pretty damn epic. Strong bass presence, really infectious and groovy, not to mention music that fits with the times - not like my music XD.

I heard alot of different versions of this and its pretty cool to see this come to full fruition. Possibly my fav mix of chthonics - sorry, Ben Briggs - ties with red sphere blue sphere for best briggs remix :P

Nice work man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here I am, coding away on my team's end of college project, the OCRemix youtube channel singing away in my ears while I listen half-heartedly, focused on my work.

Then this song comes up, and I don't even realize that I start dancing in the middle of class. So, to avoid embarassment, I set the song back to the start, pull my earphones out and let it blast out of the computer's speakers.

Cue more dancing, this time not from me.

This song is epic. You need to remix the rest of the game's soundtrack in this style, and name the resulting album "Super Beat Boy". Guaranteed club hit.

• 1 month later...
LOVED this. Totally infectious...

This. The remix made me djp within the first 5 seconds. In fact, I'm currently djping to it, and I've listened to it numerous times since I downloaded it.

As some of the previous posters mentioned, it's just wonderful how well the chiptune elements gel with the rest of the song.

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta say, after several weeks, this may have moved up ot my *very* favorite remix on the site! I swear, *EVERY* time I listen to it, I feel like dancing. And not just Elaine-dancing or club-dancing, but actually busting out the break-dancing and Robot moves.

Everything about it, to me, is perfect. It has great pacing, moves seamlessly between sounds... just a fantastic track, that's all there is to say, really.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Okay, so funny enough, the first time I heard this wasn't even on OCR, it was in my car when someone from my college's radio station thought it would be a nice segment tune. So imagine my surprise when I heard this about a week later on the site. :P Honestly, I love this track. I can't explain it, but it's just one of those damn catchy beats that makes you want to groove a little in your seat. This just gets in your brain and doesn't let go no matter what. So good and so catchy.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02158 - Super Meat Boy "Spoiled R0TT3N"