OCRA-0021 - THE ANSWER - Armored Core Tribute Album -

djpretzel

THE ANSWER - Armored Core Tribute Album -

01 Morning, Thinker (3:43)
02 Twisted on the Surface (3:12)
03 Apex in TECHNO (5:19)
04 RAY of Speed (3:13)
05 Shining Highway (2:35)
06 Hyper Monkey Likes the Dancefloor (4:45)
07 Dropping Atoms (3:19)
08 Death to the King (2:56)
09 We Can See No.373 (3:34)
10 Over the Pain (3:56)
11 Goodbye, Thinker (3:42)

Creator's comments:

Armored Core. High speed mecha action. Few games make my adrenaline pump as hard as Armored Core. There is something magical about building your own machine to take on the world. The music in the games was always a big part of that for me.

I was introduced to the series with Armored Core 4 and it was through the music I felt I had to explore the rest of the series. What I discovered was an amazing repertoire ranging from techno to rock and even orchestral. Kota Hoshino's music especially floored me as some of the most unique and appealing music I had heard in a video game. The amazing vocal lines, the no-nonsense rock, the club beats, the bombastic choirs, it all had an incredible personality while still working within the game. This was music I wanted to show my respect for, so I set out to create a tribute album.

After four months of sporadic work and a successful preview release at Comiket78, the album is now complete. 11 pieces of music arranging 15 tracks from the Armored Core series. All made in Propellerhead's Reason and Record with a little help from a guitar, a bass and some great vocalist friends.

I'm incredibly proud of the end result. I hope you like this album as much as I liked creating it. Thank you for listening.

SPECIAL THANKS:

Kota Hoshino & FromSoftware, Johanna, Don, Audun, Dave, Larry, Deia, Jill, Judges, OCR, VGMdb, AFFT.

"Deep-sea fish loves you forever"

CREDITS:

All tracks arranged, produced and performed by Mattias Häggström Gerdt except otherwise noted.
mattias@anosou.com
http://anosou.com

Vocals on track 1, 4 and 6: Deia Vengen
Vocals on track 9 and 11: Jillian Aversa
Vocals on track 10: Kota Hoshino

Tracks remixed:

01: "Morning, Lemontea" (Armored Core 3: Silent Line), "Thinker" (Armored Core 4)
02: "Twist It" (Armored Core 4), "Someone is Always Moving on the Surface" (Armored Core: for Answer)
03: "Apex in Circle" (Armored Core: Master of Arena)
04: "Speed" (Armored Core 4)
05: "Shining" (Armored Core: Nexus), "Autobahn" (Armored Core: Nexus)
06: "Super Monkey Likes Daddy" (Armored Core: Nexus)
07: "Atom Smasher" (Armored Core 2), "Whiz Drop" (Armored Core 2)
08: "King Lear" (Armored Core 2)
09: "I Can See All" (Armored Core: for Answer), "isaku No.373" (Armored Core: Formula Front)
10: "Cosmos" (Armored Core: for Answer)
11: "Thinker" (Armored Core 4)

Originally composed by:

Kota Hoshino (1-11)
Keiichiro Segawa (3, 7, 8)
Tsukasa Saitoh (3)
Yuji Kanda, Ikuya Ichinohe (7, 8)
Ayako Minami (9)

Downloading this as I type. Extremely excited. Will probably listen to it tonight as I study.

This having Another Soundscape alone is worth the download (duh) but the two vocalists names makes this epic (well, even moreso).

Can't wait! :)

Who the hell is Another Soundscape? :???::<

This is a great album. Anso's definitely one of my favorite remixers on this site, and his album doesn't disappoint

Sexy muzics, very sexy! Me likes! :nicework:

Very nice work putting this album together. I loved it.

I have only played one Armored Core game in my gaming career (lol, career...) and it was the very first one that was on the Playstation, if I'm not mistaken. I haven't bothered with the series since. But, after listening to these tracks, I have a feeling I've missed out on some awesome games and great tunes.

Not much to say about this labor of love except that it's fantastic. I was already a big fan of Morning, Thinker and was pleased that the rest of the vocal tracks were just as slick, creative, and just pure enjoyable.

A great achievement from an artist who keeps branching out, your musical growth over the years has been a joy to witness and this is the culmination of that. This is the closest an OCR album has gotten to being flawless...

This album rocks. one of the best since voices of the lifestream...which is possibly my favorite album to date so that's saying a lot. I'm a huge fan of techno/rock beats like these that incorporate live instruments and techno synths, It's very inspiring. At the moment, my favorite tracks are:

Apex In Techno - which is my absolute fav.

Shining Highway

Death to the king

I like how all the tracks are consistent whith each other.It really sounds like an album u could by at a store or on Amazon.Only wish there were a few more tracks, or a very long 6min track, to make the album feel a bit fuller,but all in all Good job.

Edited by Z

I enjoyed it. Strangely not so much on the first listen, but it's got more than a few subsequent listens since. I'm a bit bothered by the lyrics, both the nonsensical lyrics and how mondegreen they are, but they are technically impressive. There's also an issue with the compression which I think is a bit too loud, or I'm just not used to hearing Anso's stuff at a distance. Been working on my laptop recently, with this playing on my desktop machine, so that's why. In any case, it'll get more listens. :D

Although I have only listened to a few tracks on OCR.(my connection won't let me torrent *coughs*)

I love the new spin on some familiar tunes. Especially Pixietricks diverse vocalizing (even with synth)

Every note carries on like a heartbeat.

If I could listen to the entire album, I'd love to. Overall ACTA is a sweet, sweet ride.

Although I have only listened to a few tracks on OCR.(my connection won't let me torrent *coughs*)

I love the new spin on some familiar tunes. Especially Pixietricks diverse vocalizing (even with synth)

Every note carries on like a heartbeat.

If I could listen to the entire album, I'd love to. Overall ACTA is a sweet, sweet ride.

The songs are available for individual download:

http://answer.ocremix.org/music.php

Just listening to the album, wow I love it!

(and of course Jill's amazing voice! fusions like this are "*so very sweet"!) *Jet Set Radio tune

11 tracks is quite a supplemental album. Maybe more in the future?

I would so love to hear a ZOE tribute (maybe even a Gradius electronica stutter edit?)

We're working on it but pretty much all staff is at MAGFest at the moment. It'll be replaced soon!

Found the same thing with Apex in TECHNO cutting off less than halfway through. And just as it was getting so good too!

I suppose I could delete that track and insert the MP3 instead. It's just that mixing lossy and lossless makes me all "Ewwww, my food is touching!" :-P

Edited by Moguta