OCR02161 - Armored Core: Formula Front - Extreme Battle "We Can See No.373"

djpretzel

Without totally random lyrics I can listen and enjoy Jill's screwed up voice here. It amazes me how much variety you can get out of the same voice sample with all these crazy effects. The compression bothers me somewhat, but not enough to prevent this from being one of my favorites on the album. Sweet groove, which is one of the things I like about your style, dude.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really like this song but.. uh..

I'd say the over-excessive application of a single sentence probably did it in for me. This song does need vocals to spice it up yes... Trying 3 or 5 different sentences probably would have sounded better, as the repetition tends to get on the annoying side after a while.

• 10 months later...

You were originally going to have Larry on this?!

Well, it may be something since both he and Jillian represented OCR at Tokyo earlier this year, but that to me would take Larry's humorous side to a whole new level. :razz:

Of course, it's fine enough with Jillian involved given a familiarity with the Japanese audience beyond the TGS2011 booth babes (I'm sorry again Larry!!), and as a result we've managed to get a track that can be seen as a melodic fusion of the two sources while depending on the silly yet repetitive lyrics of "I Can See All" in a neatly programmed vocal stem that can be compared to Daft Punk's vocoder work. I swear that thing is crazy - with all the major pitch shifts, autotuning and the occasional half-speed thrown in, the idea of turning Jill into a vocaloid for this purpose has shown itself to be a clever and well-executed idea.

So you can see I dig the idea well. People may not get it due to the restrictive lyrical nature, but that's what the source material implied. I'm just blown away by a lot of the production work especially behind the transformation behind Jill's voice, so I consider it a very neat addition to the Armored Core album - plus a neat way to provide first honors to the PSP! Nice work, Anosou :)

Whoo, dance time! Oh, that is an awesome beat, and I think DJP and OA nailed it calling it space disco. Very catchy electronica and it is so good for perking up. Yeah, a few more sentences in the lyrics could have helped add a bit of variety to the ReMix, but the different ways it was filtered and changed up when it was said made it last a little longer than it would have otherwise. So while I can see why some wouldn't like it, I actually loved it and it worked well for this ReMix. This kind of ReMix is one of my favorite as far as genres go

• 6 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02161 - Armored Core: Formula Front - Extreme Battle "We Can See No.373"