OCR02162 - Armored Core 4 "Goodbye, Thinker"

djpretzel

haha...I didn't know this got posted later in the day. I think that was a cool idea though even if I missed it. Still I listened to this track on the album itself. Since Morning, Thinker was my first introduction to this, so I find myself liking that one more (sequel complex). But I like the way this one goes too, slowing it down and the vocals are wonderful...

Since I never played any of those Armored Core games, I listened to this album like I would any electronic album I get on iTunes for example.

And let me say, this is QUITE A STROKE OF GENIUS!!! It's one of the very good album I've listened in a while and... it's my best electronic album of 2011.... (haha ok ok that doesn't mean much yet :P)

Morning thinker is by far my favourite song on this album. I've been listening to the "preview version" of september for over 60 times which is a lot for me since I mostly play my whole collection on shuffle normally!!

As I downloaded this album the moment I started listening to the tracks my minds froze and my thoughts glitched!!!, I can't understand it all my life I hate lyrics no matter what and yet I like listening to those.. HOW?! this album made me think so much about even its name whats the answer? XD I want to know how the hell I liked it so much I never listen to vocals ever and this one was accepted :D

'sigh' It's really nice. The comment from the ReMixer sadly reminds me, alongside the song (which I mainly listened to because I saw Jillian's name on it), that I'm no longer one of those people that gets all those references. The only ACs I played hardcore were the first and Master of Arena (skipped PP, seemed like a waste of time), and I simply beat (but did not go all out on) AC3 for PS2. I was told by the most hardcore fan back at my old store that I really missed out when it came to Silent Line, Nexus, and Last Raven.

I do remember the music was occasionally very, very cool, but it's been so long since I really sank my teeth into those games, and I didn't really get the whole series exposure I've always wanted but felt intimidated by (since each game tends to be really involving and somewhat difficult). The memories are likely gone.

I'll probably download this album in honor of my old love for the series, and who knows, perhaps I'll get a chance to play one of the old titles and reinvigorate my interest. Life does, however, go on, and the older and more responsible I get the more selective I have to be about what I play...'s sad...

So since MAGFest ended, I've been listening to this a few times, and I can't help but feel that it is so fitting for me right now, with MAGFest being over. I was instantly interested in hearing this remix because I enjoyed "Morning, Thinker" so much. This remix is amazing too, and I'm very impressed with AnSo for being able to take the source in two totally different directions and giving them both the deserved effort to make them both sound so awesome .D Beautiful vocals, Jill, and one thing I think you do really well that shows in this piece too is the harmonies and atmospheric sounds in the background, they just really help to fill out the sound and make everything sound so lush.

OK I'm going to go listen to this on repeat and :cry: now... Goodbye Thinker, and Goodbye MAGFest!

• 10 months later...

Wow. After the last three AC ReMixes that I heard had faster, frantic tempo, this surprised me in a good way with a slower, more rock-inducted electronic song. Where the other ReMixes put me in a hyper high, this brought me back to an almost peaceful harmonic state. 1:20's area was very interesting and all in all, this ReMix was very solid. The vocals were amazingly beautiful and this is a great track off one of my favorite albums.

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02162 - Armored Core 4 "Goodbye, Thinker"