3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION

The Damned

I think the reason I still have a fat old original DS is because nothing has changed dramatically enough in the upgrades for me to *need* a new DS. Sure, the DSi-ware is cool, so is the brighter screen, etc. but it isn't cool enough to drop another $140 for it, I still have a perfectly capable system. I could care less about 3D, but i fucking love Paper Mario, so I'll probably on board with the system by then. I also wanna know more about the Kingdom Hearts title that's in the works.

ok im NOT happy with the launch titles wtf son.....madden??? wtf happened my zelda and paper mario? and that other kid ...icrus? ima still get it on launch day though. are they accepting pre orders now?

Um, I'm disappointed in the launch titles as well. They have been taking preorders since late December.

I'm in too much financial turmoil to even consider the 3DS right now. I feel like I don't play my DSi enough to warrant a new DS. I bought every version of the DS except the LL or Xl and I want to wait this one out. I'll probably wait until there are new colors or at least until the PSP2 launches. I feel like I'm at the point in my life where I don't need to own every system anymore. I sold my Wii and never really missed it, I'm finding I don't really miss those big Nintendo franchises as much as I thought I would. Though if the price comes down or if there's a redesign I will be on board.

Apparently GameStop was informed that Nintendo's launch titles are expected to include Pilotwings, Nintendogs, and something else (not Zelda). SSF4 will most likely be a launch title as well. So I'll buy the system on the 27th, then I will use it to play Street Fighter and Pokemon Black until something better comes along. But I already have Street Fighter on PS3. And I can play Pokemon Black on the DS Lite. Why am I paying $250 again, Nintendo?

When the DS launched, it had Mario 64, then a long time with only a handful of decent games until Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow fixed that nearly a year later. Nintendo claims it'll have great software support for the 3DS between launch and E3, but so far, Kid Icarus isn't looking nearly as cool as it originally did, Zelda's going to be fashionably late, and I could really use a good Mario game or something to hold me over. Here's a thought, Nintendo. Launch games move systems. Yeah, I know you'll sell thirty-two bajillion of these things over the next 4 or 5 years, but throw early adopters a bone. Please?

Let's not forget this great bit of news:

-Region locking (because Nintendo has been SO great about bringing over games this generation, right? ... right... ?)

-2.5-3.5 hour battery life

-3+ hours for a full charge

-No dual analogue

$250? You're becoming overconfident again. Time for a big punch in the financial nose.

I'm in agreement with NekoFrog. Especially for Nintendo to get a dose of reality.

I won't buy this thing till it's cheaper, and until there's more than one game worth buying on it.

Pilotwings Resort

I think the fact that the 3DS looks so similar to the current DS is putting me off. Not the graphics or anything, just the hardware. I understand it's a completely different machine, but looks to me all they did was throw in the circle pad. I know there's nothing wrong with the current DS setup, it just doesn't have that new hotness that makes me want to buy early.

I think the fact that the 3DS looks so similar to the current DS is putting me off. Not the graphics or anything, just the hardware. I understand it's a completely different machine, but looks to me all they did was throw in the circle pad. I know there's nothing wrong with the current DS setup, it just doesn't have that new hotness that makes me want to buy early.

And that half the launch games look like DS ports.

cool story bro

Though if I recall correctly, the original DS's launch library was pretty piss poor too.

I didn't really want anything on the DS till the Advance Wars DS game.

New Super Mario Bros. for me honestly. But there was a few other games I don't remember that were made it worth owning.

I really want to hope that since the 3DS can play DS games, and it is for all intents and purposes a DS system, that companies will still make DS games and that they'll be much cheaper than usual. A long shot, I know, but still.

Now that my brother bought 999 and Ghost Trick, the only DS game that is definitely on my "I want it" list is Radiant Historia.

And when Legends 3 comes out maybe I'll scrounge up the money to buy the 3DS, but I'm sitting on my hands here. I mean, that projected battery life is just... crap. I am POSITIVE that my DS lite can last up to 6 or more hours without having to be charged up.

Well if you think about it, the transition from DS to 3DS is a lot like the NES to the SNES. It isn't so much about the cosmetic as much as it's about what the system is capable of. That's the way I look at it anyway.

Early adoption isn't too bad, though. Once all the killer apps hit, that's one less thing you have to worry about tracking down.

Also,

...the only DS game that is definitely on my "I want it" list is Radiant Historia.

Tell me how that goes.

Edited by Malaki-LEGEND.sys