3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION

The Damned

I am excite. I need more Square-Enix on my 3DS. Now we just need that Kingdom Hearts 3D and Bravely Default(I'm calling it Four Warriors of Light 2 until further notice) release date along with Fire Emblem: Awakening, and I'll be so happy.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw Mirby's post in the KH thread. Whoo! July is where it's at!

So I got Colors 3D from the eShop today. Pretty dang awesome. I made my first 3D painting as well. You can see it here (You can hit 'replay' to watch my drawing process!) Feel free to bookmark my gallery too. We plan to introduce many new innovations in the coming weeks.

I love that you can browse the gallery of user-uploaded paintings and also comment right from your 3DS or from a PC. :3 Everyone who likes painting, get it.

Edited by ocre

• 2 weeks later...
That's really cool. I may have to buy that now. Can you see other people's paintings in 3D as well?

That's right. There's a gallery you can access on both PC and on the 3DS. Only thing about it is the 3DS one is kind of limited. You can only browse a page or two of the most recently submitted art (as opposed to thousands on the website) and there's no search function. But you can view the art that has gotten the most Favorites for the Week and for All Time.

Hot off the presses (from tonight's Japanese Nintendo Direct(and NoA's twitter for NA-specific info as follows:))!

- Firmware update for the 3DS to hit April 25 - Will allow you to organize your Home Menu icons into

- Hooray!

- Firmware update also supports downloadable patches for retail titles - among them Mario Kart 7 (that's right, no more Maka Wuhu woes!)

-

(new 2D Mario game) for 3DS - To be released in August for North America! Flying Raccoon Mario. P Meter is back.

-

- Update to the original Pokedex 3D app will feature wonderful 3D models and level up/move data of every Pokemon from all generations of Pokemon. :3 Hooray! Edited by ocre

Yeah, I didn't include the AC Japanese date because it doesn't pertain to us. (I'm going insane waiting for this game) :< That said, I fully expect Nintendo to burst open it's Release Date doors on every title we've been waiting for on the 3DS at E3; I'm talkin' Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario, et cetera.

Also, I love how the backgrounds in NSMB2 look like paintings (or maybe I've been using Colors 3D too much lately).

Anyhow, additionally confirmed by NoA is that there WILL be a Kirby 20th Anniversary Collection physical disc of unnamed classic Kirby games to be released for Wii sometime. :)

Edited by ocre

Remember when we waited like 5 years between Mario platformers? Now it seems like we get one roughly every 2. Which is awesome, I guess, but it sorta makes each release not as special.

And a friend brought up a pretty valid point: with having explored space, there's nowhere else for Mario to really go. Every Mario game we see now will be a lateral shift, and not really an evolution.

Remember when we waited like 5 years between Mario platformers? Now it seems like we get one roughly every 2. Which is awesome, I guess, but it sorta makes each release not as special.

And a friend brought up a pretty valid point: with having explored space, there's nowhere else for Mario to really go. Every Mario game we see now will be a lateral shift, and not really an evolution.

Make that "every few months." Seriously, they act like we require new Mario or we'll stop trusting Nintendo.

As long as they're fun, who is it really hurting? If you're really burned out on the series, you can always choose not to buy a Mario game for a few years. It'll be a safe bet that its sales will still warrant it shelf space years from now, a la SM64DS and NSMB, though it would be silly to expect a lower price, short of Player's Choice status.

I'll start worrying when theh roll out Super Mario Elite.

By the way, new Spotpass Puzzle piece for a new panel: Mario Tennis Open!

Edited by ocre

Has anyone ever actually gotten puzzle pieces from spotpass? I thought they implemented this feature with the Kid Icarus puzzle but I have yet to receive a single puzzle piece aside from the gifted ones.

Also I need 2 more pieces for several puzzles and it's driving me mad.

They periodically gift a piece over SpotPass (2 so far in North America, I believe; pink ones can only be recieved this way- and then those spread via StreetPass) but puzzle pieces are meant to be StreetPass'd (or you can opt to buy them with Play Coins if you're filthy and impatient).

Edited by ocre

Celebration time!

NoA has registered a domain for NSMB2 as well as Fire Emblem: Awakening. :3 I had little doubt that FE would come to Norse America but some were convinced it wouldn't reach our shores.

Also, in Wii news, North America will FINALLY get our grubby hands on the New Play Control rerelease of Pikmin 2! No doubt to prep gamers for Pikmin 3!

Edited by ocre