3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION

The Damned

Yeah, that irked me a bit too with Kid Icarus (and slightly with Zelda OoT), but I think my wrist has gotten the muscle memory down now, so it's not a problem anymore.

But KI definitely took some practice (yay trying to dodge bullets when you can't tell exactly where they are because you can't hold the screen straight because you're focusing on shooting all the other enemies because your life is getting low because because because because...)

New Nintendo Direct today confirms a new Mario & Luigi title (Dream Team) and a new Mario & Donkey Kong 'Minis' game, as well as a Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS port. Cool.

Animal Crossing New Leaf is now dated for June, HarmoKnight is coming to eShop next month an we're getting another Dillon's Rolling Western.

And some sales coming to the eShop, including Crashmo for 6 bucks.

Edited by ocre

I was hoping for Animal Crossing to come in time for my birthday in May, but a couple extra weeks is okay :< So glad it finally has a release date!

I'm glad they're overhauling Animal Crossing so much. But whenever I play that series, I almost ALWAYS feel guilty when I don't come back to my town for a few days and weeds are all over the town and everyone's pissed off at me.

Maybe as Mayor I'll just bull doze their house over, that'll show 'em!!!!

Maybe you can assign neighbours to do yard duty when you're not around, and being better friends with them means they work more efficiently? Wishful thinking...

Villagers actually water flowers in this one, I know that much. There are a lot of cool new features, so maybe keeping your town neat and tidy wont be as difficult this time around!

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon looks really cool, especially with the added multiplayer mode. Too much good stuff coming out, gotta pace myself.

Good lord the 3DS is still on Fire! I JUST got Fire Emblem last week, and I totally forgot that Castlevania and Luigi's Mansion were fresh on the horizon! Now Legend of The River King and Harvest Moon, AND Mario & Luigi and Mario Golf!? That's not even mentioning everything ELSE 3rd parties are putting out like Etrian Odyssey IV, Castlevania, Project X Zone and Shin Megami Tensei IV. Lordy lordy.

If they finally announce a localization for Bravely Default and release info on Smash Bros., I think it's safe to call in the 3DS as winner in this portable gen again.

and we still have Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing and Pokemon to look forward to this year.

(and an original Zelda 3DS - and possible Majora's Mask 3D - at E3.) Nice.

I love dis system. (Just a reminder, we're getting the entire Mega Man classic series on the eShop via Virtual Console - already got MM & MM2 - MM3 thru MM6 will be trickling out.)

Edited by ocre

You know, I agree, but I'm still glad I beat that game in the end. It didn't itch the Paper Mario crave I've been waiting for, but it was something new and they put a lot of good work into it. Kinda insane logic behind some of the puzzles though.

i'm with you. some of the things that i got stuck on the longest were like 'oh yeah there's a hidden block here you have to hit with your hammer. duh.'

i also was sad they decided to put pretty much no story into it. bowser talks zero times, and after world 2 they just stopped putting in quirky and fun dialogue sequences that involved anyone but kersti and kamek (and wiggler, but that was for one world). they could have easily fleshed it out into something memorable, but seemed to choose not to, and in my opinion they chose not to because they wanted to make it 'handheld bite sized.'

that's a very scary prospect; i'm also nervous about this happening in luigi's mansion.

i'm with you. some of the things that i got stuck on the longest were like 'oh yeah there's a hidden block here you have to hit with your hammer. duh.'

i also was sad they decided to put pretty much no story into it. bowser talks zero times, and after world 2 they just stopped putting in quirky and fun dialogue sequences that involved anyone but kersti and kamek (and wiggler, but that was for one world). they could have easily fleshed it out into something memorable, but seemed to choose not to, and in my opinion they chose not to because they wanted to make it 'handheld bite sized.'

that's a very scary prospect; i'm also nervous about this happening in luigi's mansion.

If the whole game had been like the forest area it would have been great. It was one of the the only parts of the game that really felt like paper mario other than having my stickers turned into sandles.

I'm not too worried though about future games- at least if nintendo values its feedback and reviews. It seems like most reviewers and players that have a problem with the game have the same general issues.

Hey but the music was pretty good...

I do have a question about fire emblem though. Is it possible to turn off the weird sound snipits of grunts/affirmatives/negatives/whatever the characters give at the beginning of every single piece of dialogue? Something about it makes me want to pull all my hair out.

I do have a question about fire emblem though. Is it possible to turn off the weird sound snipits of grunts/affirmatives/negatives/whatever the characters give at the beginning of every single piece of dialogue? Something about it makes me want to pull all my hair out.

*Chrom voice* Really?

- But seriously, I don't think there's an option for that. :( Maybe you'd like the Japanese sound clips better? You can change the vocal language in the options. Hmm.