OCR02165 - Super Mario Kart & Super Mario 64 "Koopa Nova"

djpretzel

This is a great mix -- the two themes integrate very well, and the live instruments (especially such a well-played flute!) are always nice. My biggest complaint is that there is a gap between the quality of the flute + guitar (great) and the drums -- that being said, since the drums aren't ever spotlighted this isn't a big deal.

Amy, are there any melodic instruments you don't play? :P

Edit: Forgot to mention just how awesome the guitar entrance is at 0:37 is -- nice work!

Edited by BardicKnowledge

Mmmm, old-skool remix style. This is packed full of nostalgia for me both because I played Mario Kart *almost* as much as I played Secret of Mana as a kid (still do on occasion), and because these sort of clean simple remixes are the types of songs that dominated the scene when I first started finding VGmixes through Napster.

Nice work Amy, especially on the guitar!

Incredible ReMix! I loved the even pacing and the cool bossa nova groove that really brings the two tunes used right out. Very nice alternating and mixing of Koopa Beach and Powerful Mario. The whole ReMix sounds very relaxed and natural, extremely tropical too. The flute work was amazingly done as well. Fantastic job.

I really like the blending of the two themes, it just sounds effortless and natural. Great style, very catchy, this is the kind of mix I can listen to a few times in a row and still not be sick of it.

I'm a pretty big fan of the flute, so that is another major selling point of this mix for me, it drives the song with such a smooth feeling, and the guitar compliments it extremely well. Great job!

• 4 weeks later...

That flute is just perfect! Not too flashy, just a nice, disciplined, melodic line to accompany the bossa beat. I've been looking into doing some bossa nova stuff on the piano, but had put that project away a few months ago due to it not working out the way I was hoping. This definitely makes me want to break it out again!

Awesome stuff, diotrans!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02165 - Super Mario Kart & Super Mario 64 "Koopa Nova"