Kirby Wii

NeoForte

I have a lot of photos and videos but I have to wait until I go home to edit them.

Kirby Wii is the tentative title to a proper console Kirby game. This game is beautiful. It is very reminiscent of Kirby Super Star in the way it plays though it probably won't be a collection of several games. Kirby pretty much has all his powers as before though they were not all present in the demo. Some abilities have new boosts/twists to them like the giant swords and the ability to suck up multiple objects/people at once. The ability to have four player co-op is a very welcome addition with each character having their own unique abilities. I got to try Dedede and Waddle Dee. Dedede comes with several hammer abilities, most of which are charge attacks which is taken from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Waddle Dee seems to have the short end of the stick in terms of character powers but he does wield a mean spear. My favorite (and useless) part of the game is how everyone can piggy back on each other. The site of MetaKnight riding on Waddle Dee riding on Dedede riding on Kirby as Kirby beasts through a level is a funny sight. Excellent A++++ title. If you are a Kirby fan, it will be a huge mistake if you miss out on this.

The ability to TRULY play as DeDeDe?

Oh man, it's like they finally gave me what i have been fucking asking since that taste in Crystal Shards.

Though it's kind of weird to have MetaKnight in what I thought was supposed to be a Dreamland title, since he's never shown up in a title in the Dreamland series.

While DeDeDe probably (and sadly) won't be a boss, I just really, really, REALLY hope they bring back a new form of Zero to fight. He's probably the best end-boss in the Kirby series, and the creepy dark atmosphere he brings to the games is ALWAYS welcome.

I squealed like a little girl when I saw the trailer last week. :3 That said, it reminds me a lot of Kirby 64, though it looks like it plays more like Kirby SuperStar. Freakin' beyond excited. It always broke my heart to know that the GameCube Kirby game was forever canceled, and it's about time we got a new update. I loved the hell out of Epic Yarn, but it just wasn't the same.

Aaron Wu, show me what you've got! I wanna see!

Though it's kind of weird to have MetaKnight in what I thought was supposed to be a Dreamland title, since he's never shown up in a title in the Dreamland series.
This is one of the least wierd things ever. I mean ever.

He was in Kirby's Adventure and pretty much every other game since. There is no damn way he'd be cut from any Kirby game from now until forever. You should know Nintendo by now, they do this.

Well, if he means just the Dreamland titled games, then he is correct. In the GameBoy titles Kirby's Dreamland and Kirby's Dreamland 2, as well as the SNES title Kirby's Dreamland 3, Metaknight does not make any appearances.

Of course, this would have to exclude Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland, but since it's not titled in the same manner, it's kind of a grey area.

If anything, we need more of the animal sidekicks, because Dreamland 2 was awesome.

My favorite (and useless) part of the game is how everyone can piggy back on each other. The site of MetaKnight riding on Waddle Dee riding on Dedede riding on Kirby as Kirby beasts through a level is a funny sight.

I want to play it just for this. The fact that it plays smoothly like Super is icing on the cake.

Well, Nightmare in Dreamland was a remake of Kirby's Adventure, so it's not really a dreamland game.

All I am saying is that the Dreamland series (D1, D2, D3, and Crystal Shards, which was kind of like a remake or retelling of D3) all had similar elements to it.

Why I bring it up in lieu of this game is because ages ago when this trailer was announced they said they had taken out a copyright or something on the Dreamland license. Implying a new game in the Dreamland series of games (which, in my heart of hearts, I consider to be the "main series" of Kirby games).

These similar elements usually revolve around Kirby, his animal sidekicks (only barely present in Crystal Shards, but replaced with other NPC sidekicks), DeDeDe being possessed, and most of all, the inclusion of Zero.

I am positive MetaKnight's knights were not in Dreamland 2 or 3.

Now, most of you will say "Who cares?", well, I love the Dreamland games, and talking about them, so that's all the reason I need. Plus trying to figure out why MetaKnight is there is a good way of finding out whether this is a Dreamland game or not.

• 1 year later...

Finally decided to get this game yesterday when it was discounted in Australia. I have been a big fan of Kirby since Kirbys Adventure. All I will say it HAL Labs have done what EAD themselves have not been able to do for a loooooong time... put a smile on the ol' dial. The screen shots can't do this game justice. The animation is WILD. Kirby is... well Kirby at his best. Ultra dynamic and enjoyable I've only played it for a few hours today and some of those hours were witha friend and it surprises and delights in so many ways. Even with my limited playtime I know this game will be going in the vault for my family to play in the years ahead.

In Australia the game has been discontinued for a while, if you are lucky enough to come across a copy even at the top end of the price (ie $54), get it. I stubbornly waited for Target to slash the price and risked losing the game cos I didn't know how much fun it would be. DO NOT HESITATE TO get it.

In terms of music, I'm so happy to see that HAL didn't just rely solely on the previous soundtracks but have made new and catchy tunes that suit Kirby just the same. Thankyou HAL. Although I am only part way through the game I can tell you will be pleasing my nostalgic and exploration sides.