The Moon (and a little bit of Wind Scene) Piano Remix

evory

Okay so I know there's already a piano remix of The Moon floating around in this same subforum, and it was in fact listening to that mix that reminded me how beautiful the theme could sound in a relaxing/ambient mood and inspired me to do own of my own. I'm not trying to compare this with the other remix or anything, it's my own take on the piece (and the B theme from Wind Scene just happened to seem to fit in). I amended the Wind Scene A Theme to fit in with the chords of the Moon, so hopefully it sounds like a cohesive piece rather than being messily medley-ish.

The piano is obviously sequenced so the tempo/velocity changes are few and mechanical between, I'm hoping someone can help me out and play this live, so if anybody's willing to please do contact me yeah? :)

Anyway, comments if you will? :)

Final Version! (I'm thinking of the title "Ebbed tides and webbed feet", or is that too lame?

stats.png

Sources:

The Moon:

Wind Scene:

After hearing it i feel a bit ambivalent. The piano arrangement is realy good and the atmosphere is like u sit in the next room listening to someone playing an upright piano but on the other Hand it sounds extremely fake. The Volume is to low, but i fear that if u turn it up there would be more of noise interferences. Also the part where "the moon" kicks in sounds to different. Just like u have changed from the Upright to a Midi Grand Piano.

the transition between he 2 different Songs is not fluid yet as well and i should also mention the ending. I think you are still working on it.. so keep it up :D

After hearing it i feel a bit ambivalent. The piano arrangement is realy good and the atmosphere is like u sit in the next room listening to someone playing an upright piano but on the other Hand it sounds extremely fake. The Volume is to low, but i fear that if u turn it up there would be more of noise interferences. Also the part where "the moon" kicks in sounds to different. Just like u have changed from the Upright to a Midi Grand Piano.

the transition between he 2 different Songs is not fluid yet as well and i should also mention the ending. I think you are still working on it.. so keep it up :D

Yeap this is still a work in progress so the arrangement isn't complete yet, and I do agree the piano sound is horrible, I'm just kinda looking to see what people think of the arrangement thus far :smile: And the transition between the parts is definitely awkward because for one the timbre of piano soundfont I'm using varies greatly according to velocity and sounds totally different loud and soft. Hopefully a live recording would solve the problem though (speaking of which, would anybody be interested in helping to record this once it's done? :)

Haven't had time to continue the arrangement these few days, but I'll see if I can get a bit more done over the next couple yeap.

And the transition between the parts is definitely awkward because for one the timbre of piano soundfont I'm using varies greatly according to velocity and sounds totally different loud and soft.

That sounds like a brilliant soundfont, why not try using that timbre difference to make a much more human sound? The sequencing is crazy stiff and you've obviously got the velocity (notice I didn't say volume) way up because each note sounds like the keyboard is being slammed down. Perhaps reign in some of your note starting times, vary the note velocities and generally try to trick us into believing this wasn't sequenced.

It takes practice, best thing to do is have a play about on a piano yourself and see what it does/how it sounds.

Some good chord sequences in there, some questionable chords in places however.

That sounds like a brilliant soundfont, why not try using that timbre difference to make a much more human sound? The sequencing is crazy stiff and you've obviously got the velocity (notice I didn't say volume) way up because each note sounds like the keyboard is being slammed down. Perhaps reign in some of your note starting times, vary the note velocities and generally try to trick us into believing this wasn't sequenced.

It takes practice, best thing to do is have a play about on a piano yourself and see what it does/how it sounds.

Some good chord sequences in there, some questionable chords in places however.

Yeah I know this sounds horribly sequenced, which is why I'm hoping somebody will be willing to help out by performing this (so I won't have to tediously humanise the whole thing haha). Hmm could you elaborate a little on the questionable chords bit though?

Erm, some bits sound really nice, some bits sound... kinda wrong. Tindeck doesn't have timecodes, but I think it's obvious where I mean.

Umm it's probably because my ears have been conditioned to hearing this so much that I've gotten used to whatever weird-sounding chord i used, but there doesn't seem to be anything particularly jarring to me whoops D: Could anyone care to shed some light on the wrong bits please?

• 1 month later...