• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 djpretzel

djpretzel

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationFairfax, Virginia, USA
  • Software - Preferred Plugins/Libraries:[Plugins]: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Trilian, Battery, Reaktor, Sylenth1, Zebra2, Hive, Alchemy [Libraries]: Spitfire Albion & BML Series, Heavyocity, Impact Soundworks

Posted 24 December 2004 - 05:31 AM

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

#2 watkinzez

watkinzez

Chrono (+3000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,569 posts
  • LocationCentral Coast NSW Australia

Posted 24 December 2004 - 05:44 AM

Ooh, first review ahoy! Downloaded this song when Star released it on his site, never played the game before or heard the original, but I can compare it to the other remixes of the same song on the site. Doesn't stray too far from the source material in terms of melody, but manages to stay interesting and different throughout. Really fun, a keeper!

#3 RimFrost the Tourianist

RimFrost the Tourianist

Wario (+4000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,188 posts
  • LocationOf all the things i've lost, i think i miss my min

Posted 24 December 2004 - 06:41 AM

WOW ! SS's best remix sofar i think. An excellent techno/trance track as well as making me wanna go and finally beat the blasted game hehe 8)

Go Salzman !
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Lightbunny

Lightbunny

Wario (+4000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts. Keeping New Hampshire Nervous Since 2004!

Posted 24 December 2004 - 08:31 AM

Dear Star Salzman,

Stop kicking ass. You're making it too hard for the rest of us. Fgt.

Sincerely,
LB
Posted Image
tu fui, ego eris

#5 big giant circles

big giant circles

Chrono (+3000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,750 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 24 December 2004 - 01:43 PM

This makes me want to run around and give everyone a hug...

....ok, not really, but I love the vibe here. It's a great piece. You somehow managed to throw in a slew of windchimes without overdoing it, so kudos on that. Man I can't get over how happy this is making me feel. As awkward as it is to say that. I dig the ending. Nice work :)
"The Glory Days" album is pre-released! (officially out 2/14/14) Click below!
Posted Image

#6 Corporal Eschebone

Corporal Eschebone

Kraid (+12000)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,483 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 03:35 PM

The way this was sounding at around 0:33, it could've built up to a GREAT melodic trance track. While I'm sort of disappointed that that didn't happen, this is still very good. Uplifting and happy, and it incorporates reverbed trance-ish electronica with some slightly more human sounding instrumentation. Nice blend of different elements here.
Posted Image

#7 MaGi_TekK

MaGi_TekK

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 06:58 PM

You know the part around 2 minutes when it sounds like someone is singing? Teeeheee, that's me. I randomly said, "jump into the sky, like a moon over the stars going crazy, like a pie in a blackhole vortex going through subliminal messages." BTW, this song is like, over a year old. Why does it take so long to get stuff posted on OC remix?
Posted Image

#8 Putzy

Putzy

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 24 December 2004 - 08:12 PM

You know the part around 2 minutes when it sounds like someone is singing? Teeeheee, that's me. I randomly said, "jump into the sky, like a moon over the stars going crazy, like a pie in a blackhole vortex going through subliminal messages." BTW, this song is like, over a year old. Why does it take so long to get stuff posted on OC remix?

Things have to be submitted before they are judged/posted.

#9 Trump Ice

Trump Ice

Mario (+1900)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,913 posts
  • LocationStarship Enterprise

Posted 24 December 2004 - 08:26 PM

This just made my dreary day so much better. I've always loved this game, especially the Moon track and this just kicks so much ass. Awesome job. Truly amazing work. I don't hear the aforementioned singing though....
Posted Image

#10 Txai

Txai

Wario (+4000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 10:34 PM

Yeah, Mr. Salzman! Your work is great, pleasant and amused.

6SfQQ1T.png

#11 Flavien

Flavien

Glass Joe (+10)

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 25 December 2004 - 07:13 AM

Salzman!Salzman!Salzman!Salzman!Salzman!

#12 Protricity

Protricity

Relics of the Chozo Project Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,485 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 December 2004 - 08:09 AM

The way this was sounding at around 0:33, it could've built up to a GREAT melodic trance track. While I'm sort of disappointed that that didn't happen, this is still very good. Uplifting and happy, and it incorporates reverbed trance-ish electronica with some slightly more human sounding instrumentation. Nice blend of different elements here.

Yea, makes me sad when people refuse to destroy kick ass remixes by dumbing them down into fundamental trance. Oh well, ain't up to us.
Posted Image

#13 Corporal Eschebone

Corporal Eschebone

Kraid (+12000)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,483 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 04:44 PM

Yea, makes me sad when people refuse to destroy kick ass remixes by dumbing them down into fundamental trance. Oh well, ain't up to us.

Personal taste, man. There's tons of good trance out there. And I never said I didn't like it; hell, I love it.
Posted Image

#14 squiike

squiike

Slime (+5)

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationRadar Dome

Posted 25 December 2004 - 11:34 PM

haha! yess! my words exactly!

the 30 seconds at the start REALLY made me think this was gonna be one of the 10 best remixes from this site! next to mayfortunesmileuponyou and other just remarkable mixes!

BUT then this shitty trance beat comes in and totally destroys all hope! could someone please make the rest of this song after the 30 seconds? maby some piano or other relaxing instuments in this remix?

why! why o why didnt u finish that remix?

#15 Xelebes

Xelebes

Solid Snake (+18000)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,771 posts
  • LocationMessageboard

Posted 25 December 2004 - 11:40 PM

Well, it would sound better as happy hardcore. Right now it is some weird skewing of festive electronic dance smorgasborgyborgyborgborg...

Anyways, cute.
"We can always count on Xelebes to tell us the things we wanted to know, but were afraid to ask Woody Allen."

#16 Yhoko

Yhoko

Octorok (+25)

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 11:52 PM

Excellent! When playing the moon level on NES (was 14 or so) I hated that level but in the meantime I love the music ;) Great remix! Salzman! Enjoy!

Yhoko, who's still waiting for a Ducktales title song remix :-/

#17 Corporal Eschebone

Corporal Eschebone

Kraid (+12000)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,483 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 02:15 AM

haha! yess! my words exactly!

the 30 seconds at the start REALLY made me think this was gonna be one of the 10 best remixes from this site! next to mayfortunesmileuponyou and other just remarkable mixes!

BUT then this shitty trance beat comes in and totally destroys all hope! could someone please make the rest of this song after the 30 seconds? maby some piano or other relaxing instuments in this remix?

why! why o why didnt u finish that remix?

I think you're making personal taste a bit too high a priority over technical skills and musical competence.
Posted Image

#18 Amayirot Akago

Amayirot Akago

King Dedede (+2400)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • LocationOut of my mind

Posted 26 December 2004 - 06:25 AM

Still listening to it right now, but god-frickety-damn, this has to be the best remix of the Moon Theme ever.

#19 progressive

progressive

Metal Slug (+900)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 941 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:14 PM

I can't explain it, but this mix puts a smile on my face EVERY time. Thou hast verily kicked this song's ass.
Posted Image

#20 Nase

Nase

Strider Hiryu (+2100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 11:55 PM

So if i hadn't already heard this and someone told me about the ingredients of the remix, I wouldn't even have bothered listening to it, no need for happy kitschy wind chime trance beat stuff, thanks.

But wow, that trance beat joining in at 0:30 is pure bliss!
Even the chimes aren't bad.
My favorite parts are probably 1:10 with the march drums, and the key change to minor at 2:20 onwards. Great melodies.

9/10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums