OCR02284 - *YES* Final Fantasy 8 'Ready to March' *RESUB*

DragonAvenger

Ok so following my original submission, (which was judged here: http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31706) I've gone back to give this one more care and attention.

Your ReMixer name - Anti-Syne

Your real name- Jack Lewis

Your userid - 31863

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged - FF8

Name of individual song(s) 'The Stage is Set' and 'Force Your Way'

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.

Ok, so with this resubmission my main aim was to add variety of texture, this new version is aimed to 'change gear' at a few different points, so hopefully you'll find this less repetitive and more enjoyable.

When I first submitted this it was aimed to be a fun and bouncy piece, now although it's still got that feel to it at parts, other parts are now written to make the piece more dramatic, to be more in context with the original 'The Stage is Set', which tended to be played at important marching points of the game. I've changed the name of this submission from the rather generic 'Let's Go' to 'Ready to March' (which also fits nicely in with the political climate over here in England)

Anyway, hope you enjoy this.

Thanks for your time

Jack

-----------------

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the original version of this, and this version still holds a lot of Daft Punk charm. I'm noticing that there's more variety overall; drums, sections changing around, etc. I like the ominous use of brass throughout, and there's a lot of panning being used pretty effectively as well. I'm noticing a little bit of more dynamic work, although there still could have been a bit more of that.

I was sold on the first, and I'm liking this one too.

YES

Variety of the sounds and arrangement are much improved, and the production has a lot of solid details now that fit better without being so dry. The source isn't immediately dominant in all spots, but after several listens, it becomes more apparent. Overall it felt a lot less repetitive.

An excellent example of a solid revision after receiving feedback. :-)

Yes

I've transcribed the lyrics for those having problems:

ea e a a

ea e a a

ea e a a

ea e a a

This is kinda like a cross between Daft Punk and Freezepop, which pleases me. Production is fairly tight, a few dry-ish exposed sounds but nothing distracting.

*sigh* fake guitar... I suppose it's not bad as far as they go. Well modulated.

Overall all it's a fun little arrangement, certainly has movement in it.

YES

• 4 weeks later...

I do hope we make a lyrics tab for this song. The drums were pretty FL default but used effectively - in a way, charmingly. The balance is good there, the beat was insistent. I like the additional textural variety in this version and even though this stayed in one gear, it was restless and constantly doing new things while maintaining the flow. The ending was a little tacked-on but fine. Cool beans.

YES