OCR02179 - Secret of Monkey Island "Pirate Shout"

djpretzel

Hah, wow I thought I had everything, but even I hadn't heard the final version with the vocals until today. Crazy, and awesome. Love it.

This one really grew on me; at first the metal aspects really threw me off, but now, I love it. And it's cool when music can make you do that, learn to appreciate the unexpected. Great job!

I am a huge Monkey Island fan, and while I did enjoy this mix, I was disappointed that the source was taken out of its 6/4 time and converted almost entirely into 4/4 (barring the intro). Granted, the flute solo towards the end is in common time in both the original and the mix, but the rest just doesn't have the source's flair. Still, it certainly was surprising how well you mixed A Pirate I was Meant to Be into the main theme.

Wow! I usually lurk without commenting on mixes or even albums, but this one struck me with such force that I had to compliment it. It infuses me with so much energy that I wish I could bottle it up and sell it as a Powerthirst knockoff.

I agree with Striker21 that the mix would have been even more fun and playful with the original snazzy time signature (not that I know anything about time signatures), but it's just too good to focus on my quibbles. If anyone's shopping for a new religion, this track just might be it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Pirate metal? Oh hell yeah.....It does have a feeling of what a chanty would be like if cranked up to twelve. The vocals sound really energetic and fit the style. And that bit where it gets off the metal and goes natural for a little bit was awesome. This is for sure going on my playlist. You just can't beat pirates. mate.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02179 - Secret of Monkey Island "Pirate Shout"