OCR02181 - Super Metroid "The Bounty of a Brain"

djpretzel

I for one really enjoy this one. It makes for a different take on the uses of the themes that comes out feeling very natural. Being one of my favorite themes, it has been done great justice.

Only complaint is the overpowering bass between 1:29 and 2:05, but maybe that's just my headphones.

...Badass. The whole thing is just great. The build up to 1:10 is perfect, and once it kicks in I just have to close my eyes and soak it up. I can certainly hear the influence of the intro track for Relics of the Chozo, but honestly I think BGC has taken that to a whole new level.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

That build-up was tense and suspenseful, which worked really well for breaking into the theme of Samus. I actually regret never having played Metroid (I'll be working on correcting that soon enough), but I'm sure that if I had played this before, this would just enhance everything that I would have loved about it. It just has the level of quality that makes me think that these themes have been kicked up a notch, because they have.

• 3 years later...

This is probably THE remix that got me on OCR. The builds are perfect, the choirs are fancy and very Metroid-y, and the guitars are just kickin’. The outro is much the same as the intro, which won’t work well for every song but I think it helps here. The small differences (e.g. lighter percussion, more choirs) help avoid repetitiveness, I suppose. I honestly can’t think of a single thing I’d change. But then, BGC is a pro.

• 11 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02181 - Super Metroid "The Bounty of a Brain"