OCR02305 - *YES* Mega Man 4 'Pharaoh's Last Dance'

DragonAvenger

Game: Mega Man 4

Tracks arranged: Pharaoh Man's Stage

Remix Title: Pharaoh's Last Dance

This was one of my tracks that was going to be on the Mega Man 4 remix project that got stuck in limbo.

This one's mostly middle eastern intruments mixed with some disco elements (specifically disco style strings). I released it on my site a while back, though this particular version has been slightly remastered. I believe it sounds a little more open than the original.

link:

-----------------------------

Really fun and enjoyable take on the source material. Arrangement is solid, and you've got a lot of elements that are really working well together here. Instrument choice is pretty solid, although my nitpick would be that the held strings have a slow attack at times. Balance is also solid, with nothing overcrowding, although the same strings mentioned before could come down just a little at times. Percussion overall is a lot of fun.

YES

• 3 weeks later...

The bass and synths were a little rough, but once the more organic elements came in, it was gelling a lot better. Nice melodic details, and a lot of good sequencing, with plenty of action going on.

The arrangement was very cool and super expanded, with a really nice feel to it. There was a bit of repetition with all the textures being piled up, but overall i felt it was very well done.

Productionwise, there were a few mixing changes i'd make, to have the melody slightly more prominent, and I think the bass sound is a bit on the bland and cheapy side, but otherwise it was clean and had a good room sound. There was enough going on to keep the attention on the arrangement rather than the samples, which was a good call.

Overall I am enjoying this, and think it's above the bar. Nice work! :-)

Yes

• 1 month later...

Ooh, really liking this arrangement. Lots of nicely sequenced traditional instrumentation and a unique sound that nonetheless fits the source music. The bass and to a lesser extent drums needed to come up, and that really took some of the potential energy away here. I was torn whether that was enough to ask you to resubmit, but I guess I'm ok with this since the low end isn't that large a focus. I think with a balanced soundscape this would be awesome; as is, it's good enough.

YES