OCR01306 - *YES* Final Fantasy 7 'Ascension to Cosmo Canyon'

djpretzel

Name of remix: Ascension to cosmo canyon

Remixer Name: Reu

Email: Reuy@email.com

Userid on forums: Can't find the number...

Name of game remix: Final Fantasy 7

Name of song: Cosmo Canyon Theme

Blurb: This is a little different from my usual arrangements, due to the combination of instruments.

After Nanaki (presumably asexual?) had offspring, I believe a creature of such intellect would also have a deep culture and heritage.

Imagine a grand ascension taking place ontop of cosmo canyon. That was the image which I based my inspiration on while working on this piece.

All comments welcome.

PS: I Know he's presumably male, I just called him asexual because he was shown with offspring without any mention of a mate :P

/endblurb

Here's the download link:

____ ____ _ _

| \ | _ / | || |

| D \ | |__ | || |

| / | _ / | || |

| |\ \ | |___ | || |

|_| \_\ |____/ \___/

==========================

--

http://www.tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/FF7_psf.rar - 301 "Cosmo Canyon"

Had the pleasure of playing this for VGF43. Very stylish piano & string arrangement to handle things for the first minute and a half. The mix stayed straightforward with the source tune melody but proved to be very expansive with the support work nonetheless, like Israfel pointed out. Engaging and excellent stuff.

We got a well-handled switch at 1:31 that upped the intensity with some pounding drums, then things came down a little bit to make way for Reu's trademarked Eastern sounds to enter in at 1:59 for another iteration of the Cosmo Canyon melody. Nice sounds that regular listeners of Reu's work will immediately recognize.

Things stayed safe yet expansive riffing on the source melody for the first few minutes before they got more involved via rearrangement from 3:11 until the end for a relatively strong finish. Felt the ending could have been a bit more epic given what I heard, but otherwise everything was great. Always an enjoyable listen from Reuben and a great addition to the site.

YES

• 2 weeks later...

:)

reu is quickly making a name for himself with his eastern tones. very good stuff and while i didn't like it before (i had issues with the choir and the volume of the taiko drums), the more i listen to it the more i appreciate how soothing and well this is orchestrated.

i appreciate the piece's subtleties and nuances. and they outweigh any concerns i had the first time i heard this.

good stuff, man

YES