OCR02208 - Mega Man 2 "Air Shooter"

djpretzel

The brass line in the beginning reminded me a bit of Daft Drafts, but then it really goes into its own. A nice jazzy piece that I do not regret having downloaded. Good work, Joshua, and keep it up! My only gripe--and a minor one at that--is that in the keyboard solo that starts at 1:54, parts of it sound like the keyboardist's fingers slipped onto the wrong keys in his attempts to fill the space.

• 8 months later...

I already reviewed this album... But I'll put what I said for this track here! :D

Oh, Air Man. Contrary to popular belief, he can in fact be beaten. Ooh, nice bass at 0:14; sounds like more standard JM funk is the theme for this track. The bass really bumps in this track, something I’m really enjoying. Guitar at 1:04 taking on the source. After this, I’m gonna have to listen Bramble Reprise. Ooh, solo at 1:54. Heh, I bounced too much and my computer almost slid off my bed. Back to source at 2:38 or so. Epic bass solo at 2:56. Those are words I never thought I’d type, but here they are. And better yet, this bass heralds the end of the track, with more source at 3:28. The end is near at 4:04.

Interesting synth brass in the beginning. Love when the percussion comes in with that slap bass. I like the warmer, staccato leads in your music. They're a nice break from normal face melting synths and guitars I hear in EDM and rock mixes.

You've managed to instantiate a Mega Man X type of vibe in some parts, so good plus for that. Feels pretty light for a dance song, and it's entirely fitting since it's Air Man. Groovy, and I'm glad I downloaded this album. Nice work. :nicework:

Some pretty solid ideas, but a lot of the parts seemed a little tacked together for me. THe ending seemed very strange to me as well. There are some moments of brilliance, but I think the track needs a little more polish. Some of the parts aren't quite locking together, etc.

Definitely enjoy it, but can't help but feel that it could be even better.

Oh, yeah, funky! Man, I really enjoyed those solos, from the guitar to the keyboard and on. You can definitely get your groove on to this jazzy beat. Wasn't really feeling the ending, as it seemed to just jump up out of nowhere. I can hear some of the Latin style at some points and altogether, not my favorite ReMix off this album, but it works.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02208 - Mega Man 2 "Air Shooter"