OCR01312 - Stormlord "Seneca's Marble Pack Edit"

djpretzel

This is an instant classic. Like Salzman's "Pillar of Salt" proved, the lyrics of the vocals don't have to be understood (for most of us, anyway) to be loved. I was pretty dissapointed that the OCR judging panel rejected the Italian remix of FF6's opera theme known as "Amor Mio, Caro Bene," but this one just makes up for it tenfold.

10/10 One of the best songs you'll ever download on this site

This is really neet, but it could have been a LOT better. Some points:

1. More dynamics. It's about the same level of intensity throughout. I was expecting some sort of beefy climax but I got nothing.

2. You really should have done another take on the vocals. Toward the end the autotuning gets REALLY really apparent. 2:38 is a good example.

3. A breakdown section would have been nice, a break in the middle of the song for synthwork/percussion would have been awesome.

The instrumentation is neet, the effects you used were neet but like, they left me expecting a big climax.

Guitar solo at the end is cool, everything is pretty well mixed, so if you take those three tips, you'd have a hardcore winner.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been listening to the mixes here for something like 2 years now, and in my history of forums use, I've only really commented on the songs that I thought were outrageously awesome.

Well, there you go. This mix is outrageously awesome:

The lyrics are great, wasn't expecting Italian at ALL from the context of the song title, etc, but it was like uncovering gold without even meaning to.

Simona's voice is excellent.

N-Joy did a great job on his cover of the music (although being only a listener and not a mixer myself, I can't tell if he's made mistakes or not).

Going on only the impression this song's left on me, I'm going to say this is the most emotionally stirring song I've heard on OCremix. Everything else has been "this sounds great" or "this is awesome", but the singing makes this feel so much more complete than pure instrumentation or synths would have been able to accomplish.

Good stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01312 - Stormlord "Seneca's Marble Pack Edit"