Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

I read it as I get to play Rayman (lite) for free in April, and then in September if there are more interesting games around that grab my interest not buy the finished thing.

Seriously, i'm not boycotting it, but my interest in Rayman Legends was premeditated around the idea i'd be playing it next week when there's nothing else interesting being released.

In September things may be different.

so, the Wii U version gets an exclusive mode? I'm a bit confused about what's going on...

Wii U owners will be able to download a standalone version of the challenge mode. Though that mode apparently may become available on the other versions, the Wii U version has an exclusive mode that requires the Gamepad. The other types of play will be available on PS3/360 when the game launches in September, but the Wii U will host an exclusive mode of play within Challenge mode.

Consider this: why would they release something in April that required something that comes out in September? That doesn't make any sense, right?

As the video explains, this version is downloadable exclusively from the eShop starting in April; PS3 and 360 owners have to wait until the game comes out to try it. This is also taking the place of the originally-planned second demo, meaning that you do not need the actual game to access it. It is completely standalone.

Edited by Mirby

I'm going to laugh so hard if they announce Rayman Legends Demo shipped 4 million units, whilst the game only sells a few thousand.

After all, there was a report recently that suggested games with demos sell less than games without :-P If this 'challenge mode' is insubstantial I'll still feel ripped off and if its fully fleshed why bother buying the game?

Hmmmm....

The Ubisoft deals are trash. If Nintendo doesn't take notes from Valve on how deals are done, they're not going to be successful in the eShop market.

They're still charging $59.99 for NintendoLand. You can ALMOST justify selling that for $19.99.

I actually came here to post about F-Zero though. I've already checked for it twice. It's the 20th, it's almost 4am! Where is it! I am just being impatient and silly, but the 32 cents I have allocated for this title are just begging to be spent.

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased Little Inferno and The Cave recently, and beat the latter first. Both games are excellent! Neither game is particularly hard but their narratives are captivating. The Cave is all about how much you're willing to destroy for your own gain, and Little Inferno is a cautionary tale where the world is slowly icing over.

I purchased Little Inferno and The Cave recently, and beat the latter first. Both games are excellent! Neither game is particularly hard but their narratives are captivating. The Cave is all about how much you're willing to destroy for your own gain, and Little Inferno is a cautionary tale where the world is slowly icing over.

Both excellent games...

Played through the Cave four times and though it has some fairly major flaws, it is an excellent game. Whilt we 'need' big blockbusters to sell the console, more like this is another need.

• 1 month later...

hey gang, i just bought my Deluxe edition Wii U. Been playing Xenoblade Chronicles on it. The difference in video quality knocked my on my ass, seriously.

I've already added Thalzon, Doulifee and Darkesword to my friends list. Hit me up, I'm ftninja on Miiverse.

See you guys online!