Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

Super Mario 3D World may be the "present culmination of 3D Super Mario," but that doesn't mean Nintendo's EAD team is done with Super Mario Galaxy games. Speaking in a recent Iwata Asks interview, EAD General Manager Shigeru Miyamoto assured fans there could be another entry in the series that appeared twice on the Wii to high acclaim.

"The same team can't make both [super Mario 3D World and another Super Mario Galaxy game] at the same time," Miyamoto said. "And we can't bring in a second party and slap the name Super Mario Galaxy on it. I suppose we could idealistically make both in Tokyo, but we want to do something new too, so there was that dilemma."

I'm still super excited for 3D World, but looks like I was kinda right about "SM3D" titles being a sub series like NSMB (though much better than NSMB). A "main" Mario game looks like it is still in development, though I hope it is something new and not just a Galaxy 3 (though I wouldn't mind that either, Galaxy was amazing). Not sure if "Galaxy" is used as a place holder here

Super hyped about next week!

Edited by Crowbar Man

BZdT-6vCEAAe7cq.png

Greatness arrives Friday!

I'm actually really amazed by this, along with the reviews for A Link Between Worlds.

but Ben Briggs said something last night that definitely happens often now.

lots of critics give 10/10's out like candy now.

nevertheless, it looks like all these Nintendo games are being praised a whole bunch, while the PS4's launch games aren't getting as much love.

obviously the PS4 is selling better, but it looks like at the current moment, Wii U has got the better games, even if it does have a smaller library.

Its a shame that most places are going to have a midnight release for games like COD or GTA or even the new XBO (which also comes out on the 22nd), but I don't think anything special is going to be done for SM3DW :/ Ah well

I also don't know why Nintendo is spoiling their own games before release. Whats the point of that? Both SM3DW and Z:ALBW have spoilers in their trailers and Nintendo directs. Kinda frustrating

Edited by Crowbar Man

Its a shame that most places are going to have a midnight release for games like COD or GTA or even the new XBO (which also comes out on the 22nd), but I don't think anything special is going to be done for SM3DW :/

You could always crash the Xbox One midnight launch this friday and buy SM3DW (A Link Between Worlds comes out the same day too). :3

Yeah, this. Perhaps you should spend less time trying to come up with some false rationale that 10/10s aren't valuable anymore just because we've seen a lot lately, and more time realizing that there might just be a simpler explanation than that: they deserve it.

good grief maybe it's just the way I read it but I was not expecting to be starting some deep conversation over 10/10's lol

The game looks amazing. I'm supposed to be getting it for Christmas and I want to play it so bad right now. It's like being 10 years old waiting to play Super Mario World. Also, a lot of sites and media outlets have reversed their stance on the Wii U this season. CNET, Destructoid and a lot of others. Personally, with my PS3 and Wii U side-by-side, I haven't been this happy of a gamer since....a long time, and next year is going to be awesome for Wii U owners.

So I finally got a Wii U! Wal Mart was selling the Zelda bundle for $250 so I got it price matched at Future Shop and picked up a copy of 3D World with it. Its a blast of a game, and other than minor camera issues the multiplayer is awesome! Haven't had time to play much Wind Waker yet but I'm excited :) I'm gonna buy Earthbound as well once they bring the 3DS update out, I have enough to buy it on there, just gotta merge the balance to my Wii U.

I will add everyone from the first post soon probably! My Network ID is AmphibiousFrog just so y'all know.

Wooh Wii U!