Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

So Ubisoft wants to delay a finished Wii U game to September where it'll go up against GTA V and Wind Waker HD instead of this month where it has absolutely no competition. So smart! Anyway, guess it'll be nice to pick up Legends when it's 20 bucks a month after it comes out.

Edit: Ha.

I'm confused. It sounds like you think that people who will play GTA V are the same people who'd play Wind Waker HD or Rayman Legends.

I'm confused. It sounds like you think that people who will play GTA V are the same people who'd play Wind Waker HD or Rayman Legends.

I think his point is that the game is going to be slaughtered against a major release like Mario Kart or GTA 5. I wouldn't expect those who play GTA 5 to pick up Rayman Legends for fear of being "uncool" to their friends, but it still isn't going to help the game.

A real kick in the nuts to Wii U owners, and Nintendo.

Oh, I was under the impression people who play games might play games. Now I feel dumb. (What's so confusing, dude?)

I for one am going to buy GTA V and was going to buy Rayman in three weeks.

I may well have to consider saving the 60 dollars that would've easily gone to Rayman this month for something else during that busy fall release period. Whereas if the game had released this month (since its a finished game and was only delayed to facilitate an even release in September; more than likely for development and marketing reasons) with no high profile competition, I wouldn't have to weigh my options.

But that's fine.

If I have a Wii U by September (which I doubt), I'm probably going to bypass picking up Wind Waker HD and whatever Mario game may be out by then. As much as I would love to get those games, I'd rather give SOME support to Michelle Ancel, since Ubisoft seems keen not to.

He must have asked about Beyond Good and Evil 2 and whether or not he could get the go ahead on it. And Ubisoft must've went into a tizzy and decided to punish him over it. LOL.

Rayman Origins was good enough to make me want to see a sequel, for sure.

Though considering the sales of Beyond Good and Evil, I really doubt we'll ever see anything in regards to a sequel. The money just isn't there.

Then again, some people were dumb enough to publish Okami for three different systems, so you have that going for you.

Ubisoft Delay:

This is really stupid to delay the Wii U version to finish the 360/PS3 version, and as everybody pointed out it pushes it into a poor time slot where there are other popular games coming out.

However, I'm not really bothered by the fact it IS on 360/PS3. In fact, they were kinda shy to call it a Wii U exclusive in the first place, stating a few times they were considering it on multiple platforms, before stupidly saying later it was a Wii U exclusive (clearly they changed their minds again).

But regarless of that, the Wii U version is going to be the only version with the screen support obviously. There is still reason to get the Wii U version over the others. (Unless they add SmartGlass/Vita support? I doubt it).

Brandon:

Sadly, we will probably never see a Mother/Earthbound product released/rereleased outside of Japan.

Edited by Crowbar Man

Not sure I'd 100% rule it out - there was twitter talk from one of the developers that they were working on something Earthbound related. Maybe that was just the VC release in Japan, maybe it wasn't...

If it does come though it definitely wont be in the $0.30 sale. Come on, they are a business after all :)

Oh and 1) Rayman's annoyed me but I will get it eventually 2) 50HZ issue in europe still not sorted :-x

3 weeks in and the EU Balloon Fight Miiverse is STILL up in arms about this. F Zero is coming soon. We'll see if they've paid attention

I checked out that WiiU Street View. It's pretty cool! I checked out Antarctica -- it has a few "roads" there. I also checked out Midpoint Island in the Pacific Ocean... And it's pretty boring and urban!

Who needs to travel, eh?

my town is still with old 2008 streets. funny, my old car is visible at work and in front of my home.

I saw you the other day on Miiverse Doulifee! Anyway. Less than 100,000 units moved in the US, somewhere over 50,000 actually. It may just be an economic slump. Nintendo need to market the console heavier in my opinion. I'm not trying to be a fanboy, I just want this console to be successful so it can realize its potential as a console. I already like it way more than the Wii - sad it isn't selling like the Wii though. Maybe things will turn around?

I think the Wii U is going to run into a big problem in terms of first party IP, and it's already happened I think with New Super Mario Bros. U: Cross-platform fatigue. Right now we're seeing Nintendo sending out all their heavy hitters all at once to the 3DS, your Kid Icarus, Mario, Luigi, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblems, Mario sports games, RPGs, Donkey Kong, etc., and I worry that putting entries in each of those franchises on the Wii U too soon will make consumers skeptical of grabbing them. Of course I could be completely wrong(and I hope I am), but I really think that Nintendo is going to really need to grab 3rd parties pretty heavily.

As we're seeing with the Ninja Gaiden 3 and Rayman Legends scenario however, 3rd parties don't really interested in being exclusive with anyone anymore. This is also exacerbated I feel by the fact that right now the gaming industry and consumers are both about to see what Sony and MS have in store for the next generation of hardware. A lot of things are changing soon, and it'll be a while before we can probably say with certainty how Nintendo(and everyone else for that matter) are going to be fairing.

But really, I loved the motion controls in Skyward Sword, and I really hope Nintendo doesn't abandon motion controls, since a real 1-to-1 control scheme on an HD system with Nintendo branding behind it should be amazing.