OCR02226 - Legend of Zelda "Nullification"

djpretzel

damn, this is freaking awesome. Loving the use of sounds effects, it's a great re-mix, dunno if this is just me but it seems to keep a kind of heavy metal structure to it, the soft/heavy dynamic that interplays thorughout the piece,

regardless an awesome job keep up the good work. :grin:

Recently I visited PR's site.. and found this track nearby other remixes.

Honestly this is a nightmare come true. I have always wanted to hear a nightmarish mix of a dungeon, where every turn could be your last.

(if this was in Twilight Princess.. oh god that would have been so sweet)

• 1 month later...

I love this remix so much. The only part I don't like as much is the clicking in the middle. It sounds EXACTLY like a Hard Drive dying. And since I have about half a dozen HD's connected to a server that I am constantly keeping up with it made me think one of them was dying the first time I heard it. And in my time with computers I've heard that sound many times. I didn't know what it was at first until it stopped and I replayed part of the remix.

Needless to say I was relieved it was the music and not my HD's.

Doesn't make the remix any less awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard of dubstep before, but never really looked into it.. until I heard this song (and my friend said that she listened to the genre). So I've been listening to a great deal of dubstep. It's horrible.. I love it! :D

So after having listened to quite a bit of the stuff I came back to this song, and I'd say it exemplifies the genre. It is dirty. It is the 0.1% that Lysol cannot clean. It cannot be cleansed by purifying flame. It is filthier than holding excrement and clapping your hands. It is more unclean than Rhapsody in Poo. It is the cup in 2 girls 1 cup. It makes Hexxus from Fern Gully look like Mister Clean.

I think my favorite part is the use of the sound bytes. Obviously the "HEY LISTEN" but also the Ganondorf laugh and the "Almost out of health" sound - well done.

First off, this.

As for the "dirtiness" of the remix at hand, personally, I find it to be a little over the top. While tefnek's OWA remix had these absolutely badass kick-you-in-the-balls moments, they alternated with cleaner, softer, more "relaxing" parts, while PR's remix is the hard stuff from beginning to end.

Anyway, this is good stuff, but nothing I could listen to over and over again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

alot (most) of these LOZ remixes are very boring but this one is KICKASS AWESOME! thanks. beware: most people will not have the mental capacity for this one. everytime I listen to this one its like an awesome overload of awesome. I can take it. If you dont like this music, you are like the rest of the goyim.

• 1 year later...

Holy crap this is one dirty ReMix.....Yep, there's a good example of dubstep that doesn't overdo it like most dubstep songs do. Evil and tough as nails. No seriously, there are many ReMixes that I point out as to why I love listening to PrototypeRaptor's work, and this is one of them. Impressive work man.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I remember hearing this when dubstep first started reaching America from the UK before being ripped apart by bro-step (I like Skrillex type dubstep, just think it's overdone).

There's no other way to say it; this is the darkest, creepiest, raunchiest, most vile masterpiece that I have ever heard. From the first reverberated wub to Ganondorf laughing before a low-heart warning drop, I have chills. The chip arps, the cutoff effects, all nasty and filled with pure evil just the way a pitch black Zelda dungeon would be in real life. If I had to fill Link's shoes and walk into a dungeon hearing this, I will be paralyzed with fear.

I'm not going to sleep tonight...probably because I'll be playing this over and over again. :nicework:

• 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02226 - Legend of Zelda "Nullification"