OCR00519 - Final Fantasy IX "Alexandrian Nightmare"

orkybash

Final Fantasy IX 'Alexandrian Nightmare'

OK, some might like this one, but I personally think it's pretty annoying. Drum work doesn't shine as much as DJ Pheonix's other stuff, and I'm frankly really sick of that saw wave thingy in the background. And for the half of the remix that has the Alexandria melody, it's really repetitive with not-so-great instrument choice. If you're a big DJ Pheonix fan, go for it. Otherwise, skip it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hehehehe...im a Dj Pheonix fan so i liked XD, the drums are alittle annoying in the beggining, but its all worth it for the meledy (I think :P). I wish he made the beggining shorter and took off with the meledy a little more, but its a decent mix anywayz. I liked the original song ALOT, and this is a good mechanical mix of it, atleast worth listening to once. I give it a 7.5/10.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I actually really liked it--and this is from someone who didn't like any trance or techno before finding this site. I don't know exactly what it was, it was just... really aggressive, it sort of yelled at you, if you know what I mean. I didn't find it too repetitive at all... in all, 8.5/10, maybe even a 9. Good work!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think the beat, and everything up to when the melodies start are decent (esp. for a mix of this age), but when they do come in it's not too good. I basically agree with OA, the first lead is way too simple, and the melodies feel pasted on without regard to key. I didn't mind the long intro at all, I liked it and it got my expectations up (which was good) but unfortunately the piece didn't deliver.

--Eino

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00519 - Final Fantasy IX "Alexandrian Nightmare"