OCR02237 - Mega Man 9 "Showdown"

I like that you held on to the 8bit-ness. I like remixes that I feel I can play the game to. the pace is excellent. while I wouldn't compare it to pendulum (they're a little more bassy) It is still a great track to reminisce to.

You're lucky zircon was a no-show or he would have kicked your ass with a showing like this on your part :tomatoface:

Nah, seriously, this one's okay. I really enjoyed the lead writing throughout the song and there were some great transitions, it just doesn't seem to click on an overall scale the same way your other compo mixes did. Still a fun blast from the past though, I really haven't heard this in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Just like with Mattias Holmgren's remix "Dr. Wily Haunts Flashman," I am really impressed with how well willrock is able to mix two different songs seamlessly into one remix! With other tunes I find on here, sometimes it is jarring when the remixer chooses to alternate from one specific theme to another, but willrock's transitions are smooth and never awkward. I had both the Flashman and Tornadoman themes superglued to my brain from day one, so this high-energy mix does them justice! As others have said, I really enjoy how willrock gets right into the action, and that it is a nice mix of 8-bit and electronica instrumentation! If this had been a straight-up electronica or rock remix, I don't think it would have been as enjoyable as what we have now, so well done dude!

• 4 weeks later...

LOL, funny story to tell you guys about this that i've just uncovered XD

Ok, so where do I begin... When I made this track, it was inspired by pendulum, you guys know that much.

However, it was inspired by hold your colour, i'm not a big pendulum fan, I don't know shit about most of their other stuff, I'm only familiar with a few select tracks. Anyway, I came up with the name showdown because this was suppose to be the final track against zircon in the GRMRB and I thought the name showdown was appropriate, altho I thought it was a bit crap.

Anyway, someone mentioned that they thought it was a reference to a track pendulum did called "showdown". Intrigued by this bizzare coincidence, I looked it up, because i'd never heard of this track before. So upon looking it up, I find a track that not only sounds similar to this remix, but it has fucking FLASH MAN in it. I shit you not, go listen to it. I'm stumped. The coincidence is just monumental. I'm not sure if my brain is playing tricks on me or if some great god up in the sky is having a laugh with me or something but I swear i'd never heard of this track before. Life is bizzare.

LOL, funny story to tell you guys about this that i've just uncovered XD

Ok, so where do I begin... When I made this track, it was inspired by pendulum, you guys know that much.

However, it was inspired by hold your colour, i'm not a big pendulum fan, I don't know shit about most of their other stuff, I'm only familiar with a few select tracks. Anyway, I came up with the name showdown because this was suppose to be the final track against zircon in the GRMRB and I thought the name showdown was appropriate, altho I thought it was a bit crap.

Anyway, someone mentioned that they thought it was a reference to a track pendulum did called "showdown". Intrigued by this bizzare coincidence, I looked it up, because i'd never heard of this track before. So upon looking it up, I find a track that not only sounds similar to this remix, but it has fucking FLASH MAN in it. I shit you not, go listen to it. I'm stumped. The coincidence is just monumental. I'm not sure if my brain is playing tricks on me or if some great god up in the sky is having a laugh with me or something but I swear i'd never heard of this track before. Life is bizzare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJLuwLSBwCw

right at :50

CANNOT UNHEAR

• 4 weeks later...

As Csyzr said, Pendulum is usually more bassy, but I can hear the influence. And as was mentioned by a couple posters before me, Willrock gets right to the meat of the track, which is always nice.

Furthermore, the ratio of chiptune-ish sound to modern sound is pretty good.

Overall, a really enjoyable remix.

• 2 months later...

High on energy, high on pop sensibility, and just plain high. Nice amount of speed with this one. It just tears from one segment to the next, from one decade to the next. Everything sounds in order.

Yep, there's a smidgen of Pendulum throughout, but I love that it's got a sound all its own. The 8-bit flavours are well-pronounced, suit the breakneck pace and gives some good articulation on those great melodies and the additional interpretations thereof.

This is a lot more poppy than most Drum and Bass skewed mixes on here, but that shouldn't be mistaken for a negative comment. I like the fusion of melody and speed, and I think this is a great example of why that is. Really cool stuff.

• 2 months later...

Some sweet stuff from WillRock that I missed while at the brutal manning up know as boot camp. It's a short fun high energy track that moves along quite nicely with the WillRock synth action. I feel like I've run out of things to say about WillRock tracks though since he cranks so many out at a pretty good level - PROVE ME WRONG WILL!

• 4 months later...
Anyway, I came up with the name showdown because this was suppose to be the final track against zircon in the GRMRB and I thought the name showdown was appropriate, altho I thought it was a bit crap.

Best coincidence ever? Either way, this is an awesome drum and bass sounding ReMix with a bit of 8-bit beat to it. I'm loving this.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02237 - Mega Man 9 "Showdown"