Megaman X Command Mission

DrewGourley

Did anybody play this. If they did, did they like it? I really really liked it. It has AWESOME music and, in my opinion, really nice game-play and graphics. If it was a highly regarded video game, I certainly didn't notice, so I'm pretty sure it is HIGHLY underrated! What do you guys think?

I was just thinking of this game yesterday. Probably gonna start a new playthrough today. I've never gotten anyone to level 99, it's 100% unnecessary. By the time you have everything in the game finished including all the hidden bosses, armors ect, you're only like level 50. And that's WITH grinding.

This game pretty much skated by unnoticed, and never got much attention. It's a really great RPG, and really cheap too now, 6 bucks at gamestop.

The Gamecube and PS2 versions are the same, no extra bonuses for either, so get whatever one you'd rather play it on.

-edit-

Oh, and Zero destroys in this game. He is by FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR the best character in the game. Get his ultimate weapon + 2 heat haze's and watch as the enemies cower before you.

I was just thinking of this game yesterday. Probably gonna start a new playthrough today. I've never gotten anyone to level 99, it's 100% unnecessary. By the time you have everything in the game finished including all the hidden bosses, armors ect, you're only like level 50. And that's WITH grinding.

This game pretty much skated by unnoticed, and never got much attention. It's a really great RPG, and really cheap too now, 6 bucks at gamestop.

The Gamecube and PS2 versions are the same, no extra bonuses for either, so get whatever one you'd rather play it on.

-edit-

Oh, and Zero destroys in this game. He is by FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR the best character in the game. Get his ultimate weapon + 2 heat haze's and watch as the enemies cower before you.

There were some Bonuses. Ps2 had a demo of MMX8 and GC had.... I forgot

Oh yeah, there are some more differences.

There are a few differences between the GameCube and PlayStation 2 versions of the game. The GameCube version makes use of the Nintendo GameCube Game Boy Advance Cable, in which players can connect a Game Boy Advance (GBA) to the GameCube, enabling the use of a special radar function to find secret items. A radar screen appears on the GBA screen, showing the immediate area around the player, the direction the player is facing and the location of any hidden items.[3] The frequency of enemy encounters is higher in the GameCube version. Also, if a player takes too many turns to defeat an enemy, they experience penalties far quicker in the GameCube version than in the PlayStation 2 version.

I have the PS2 version, and I think the encounter rate is a bit too high, I can't imagine I'd like the gamecube version.

The music in this game is fantastic. Another reason I wish this game got more attention.

I can't speak for Bahamut, but I think he wanted to keep things within the regular MMX canon, for the album (the MMZ track is a bonus track).

Shame I didn't pick this game up back when I had a GC. Ah well, I can't go kicking myself for every game I didn't get.

What do you mean the regular MMX canon? Command Mission is part of the X series, and fits in the story line. It's not a classic style side-scroller, but it's no less part of the X series' story.

Too bad Inafune left. With him gone, I fear that chances of one coming out are very slim to nill.

You do realize that Inafune flat out refused to work on this game because he wanted Rockman X to remain an action serie only.

Command Mission was produced and directed by Capcom Studio 3, the team behind the Breath of Fire serie.

That's why it has so many similarities with BoF V - Dragon Quarter released two years earlier.

As surprising as that may sound, Command Mission is one of my all time favorites RPG.

Just love the overall setting, refreshing battle system, interesting character devellopment (in comparison to previous X entries), and kickass soundtrack.

The english dub was atrocious though, and the only (legal) way to hear some proper voiceacting was getting the jap version with a jap gamecube.

For those interested, the differences between GC and Ps2 version were that the former had a more consitent framerate while the second had a demo of X8.

That's it!

To those complaining about random encounters: use Cinnamon's Force Metal Generator to refine a "Caution", which just about halves ennemy encounters. ;)

So I managed to grab a copy of the game on the uber cheap yesterday(7 bucks at GS), and while I haven't had much time to give it a whirl, I did play about an hour of it, and I gotta say I think I'm going to like it a lot. I love how the combat is still somewhat action-based with the trigger moves and such.

Also, why would anyone complain about encounter rates in a series that is all about action and blowing shit up...? 0_o

So I managed to grab a copy of the game on the uber cheap yesterday(7 bucks at GS), and while I haven't had much time to give it a whirl, I did play about an hour of it, and I gotta say I think I'm going to like it a lot. I love how the combat is still somewhat action-based with the trigger moves and such.

Also, why would anyone complain about encounter rates in a series that is all about action and blowing shit up...? 0_o

trust me, once you get later into the game and start finding enemies that take like 5 minutes to kill, you'll get annoyed. Imagine taking 5 minutes to fight a normal battle, nothing special, taking 2 steps, and then having another encounter and having to do it all again. Sometimes this will happen like 5 or 6 times in a row. It could literally take you like a hour to go down a short hallway if you're unlucky. And it HAS happened to me. Many times in fact.