Soul Calibur V

the important question here is how cheap will kilik jr. be
Wouldn't Kilik be in bounds as a player still? Even if he were in his 40s or 50s, he would still be athletic enough to use the staff. Mitsurugi is still in the game, after all.

Yunsung would be the only one I would argue against because his fighting style is highly dependent on his flexibility, and people who are gymnastically fit young in their lives tend to last a bit longer.

And, controversial as it may be to say this, men tend to remain "attractive" longer (interpret that however you wish). It's a double standard.

Because it's a little ridiculous for these characters to have to defeat the same damn sword every 2-3 years when they supposedly have done it multiple times at this point? (Or they wanted to shake up the roster somewhat because the series was starting to stagnate.)

Ivy was 49 before?
She was 32 in SCIV, meaning she'll be 49 in this game's timeline (contrast to Sophitia's 42). PriZm is imagining Soul Calibur VI.

That's still not that old, though. The dominatrix thing would start to cross the comfort line, but that changes her from creepy elder to potential cougar. I think a fair number of guys nowadays would be comfortable with that.

Ivy always struck me as the most mature woman in that series, anyway, so I never really wondered if her outfit fit her age. Her coming back wouldn't be a blight upon mine eyes any more than it currently is.

She was 32 in SCIV, meaning she'll be 49 in this game's timeline (contrast to Sophitia's 42). PriZm is imagining Soul Calibur VI.

That's still not that old, though. The dominatrix thing would start to cross the comfort line, but that changes her from creepy elder to potential cougar. I think a fair number of guys nowadays would be comfortable with that.

Ivy always struck me as the most mature woman in that series, anyway, so I never really wondered if her outfit fit her age. Her coming back wouldn't be a blight upon mine eyes any more than it currently is.

Oops yeah my mistake. 49 is really not that old, so yeah, we probably won't be getting any kickass older people.

I think that Setsuka probably wouldn't make it into SCV, given that she wasn't THAT important to the overarching story, which they seem to actually want to do right this time. I think Mitsurugi is in there simply because the fans would rage were he not.

I think it's a given that if the swords are involved, than Kilik will probably be back, which means he'll be followed around by Xiangxua. Raphael and Amy being immortals are probably going to be in, at the very least Amy. Ivy will probably make it as well, and it's almost confirmed that Rock's son is going to be making it in.

I don't think a character's importance has anything to do on whether or not they will come back. There are many characters that are not so important to the story now like if you don't consider their personal vendettas.

Also Ivy has been confirmed to be coming back :)

EDIT:

So far the confirmed character roster is :

Patroklos

Pyrrha

Siegfried

Nightmare (although we don't know in which form)

Mitsurugi

Ivy

In the Japanese page it also says that Patroklos' parents are dead (Sophitia because of EVIL (?) and Rothion of sickness). In the demo gameplay video we also heard that Pyrrha was not aware that she had a younger brother because she had been kidnapped by Tira when she was a baby.

• 1 month later...
http://8wayrun.com/threads/takis-replacement-revealed-new-ninja-character.7674/

Check out Taki's Replacement you guys some 16 year old B**** with no tits........................NO TITS

Those are definitely around C, and thank the lord they are having at least a tiny bit of modesty with bust sizes.

I expect that modesty to be destroyed when we see more new female characters, though.