*NO* 3D Galax 'Mi m'

djpretzel

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/computer/atari/atari/3D-Galax.mid - Title theme

Poor/flat sounds, no sound balance/poor mixing, some arrangement ideas were present, but nothing too involved. Give your remix an actual title as well.

Sorry to sound glib and/or harsh, but get better at everything. Look up more information at the ReMixing forum & Work-in-Progress forum for advice on how to improve.

NO

• 5 weeks later...

hmm

i don't know - the arrangement ideas are there... just needs more fleshing. bring the guitars out more or somethin... they're entirely too drowned out... they sound real but if they're not, you should get a real guitarist to play on this. but as it is, your instrumentation needs a little help - some better synths and percussion, also. the quotes and ideas are awesome but the product as a whole is lacking.

i would have loved to see where this was gonna go. as of right now, this is a good idea executed sub par... i dig it but not enough to pass it, sorry

NO

The first problem I notice is that while playing the MIDI to compare to the original - I notice that the sound quality is very similar. There is a slight amount of arrangement going on, but not really enough difference from the original. There are original ideas, but I hear them more as gimmicks than anything. Vocal clips cannot make a song. The guitar is pretty cool, and sounds pretty decent to me, but zyko's correct in his suggested improvements.

I think everything else has been covered.

NO

-D

This reminds me of early 90s game music. I like it.

But judging this on technical merit, it's just average. The arrangement though fun, isn't strong enough to hide some of the problems here. Production is decent. This needs better synths, synth design, execution.

Bad, abrupt ending doesn't help either.

It's a fun listen at points, but beyond that it's pretty average for me.

NO