ReMixer name: evory, docnano

User ID: 31417, 36369

Submission Information

Game arranged: Ducktales, Chrono Trigger

Song arranged: The Moon, Wind Scene

Source: [The Moon]

[Wind Scene]

Additional information

This remix was partly inspired by a piano arrangement of The Moon floating around (you know, the moon, floating in the sky, kinda) on the forums, I've no idea if the poster submitted it, but it made me realise (again) how beautiful The Moon could sound on piano, so hopefully justice was done there. Another inspiration was Godowsky's transciption of The Swan, which carried the same kind of mood I tried to convey in the opening half of the piece. The remix is nowhere as complex musically as the transcription, but hopefully a similar effect comes across. Wind Scene just sort of drifted in halfway (you know, the wind, drifting, okay nevermind), and I thought it sounded pretty natural, so hopefully it avoids any symptoms of medley-itis (the A Theme from Wind Scene has its chords/melody altered to fit in with that of The Moon, so hopefully that worked). I've said my piece (as well as about it), so yeah, hope you enjoy it!

Wow, this is very elegant, and the transition into the B section of Wind Scene was a bit surprising, but worked very well, and just damn; this is packed with really intelligent ideas and modulations,well executed, and the piano sound is good as well.

My one complaint is the final note should be held a millisecond longer and have more fade to it, but overall I thought this was concise and creative.

I absolutely love this.

Yes

• 1 month later...

Definitely some noticeable distortion around 1:53-1:55 (with some lighter distortion afterward), though it wasn't a huge deal. I thought both the dynamics & tone of the transitions from DuckTales to Chrono Trigger were jarring both times it happened, with the transitions from Chrono Trigger back to DuckTales being a bit better. Not as cohesive and flowing as it should have been, but what's here was still solid enough from an arrangement and interpretation standpoint. Interesting combination of themes, bros.

YES